ChapterThirty: Silas

It was a sin for her.

Adultry.

Now she wasn't innocent anymore. In the eyes of their society she had made a deal with the devil for losing her virginity for someone she wasn't married to.

For everyone else it was pleasure.

Perhaps she had made a pact with the devil after all. Because if everything she had felt that night was sin then she was a sinner now. Addicted to sin.

The moment he had entered her, the pain in her neck easened. The fire from the wound travelled around her body before settling in her heart. Every thrust, every breath made it lit more.

It melted every trace of reason that was left in her body. Evie wasn't sure if it even was her body anymore. Now she was laying on top of her Mystery Man, the one who had ignited her. He wasn't sleeping as one might have expected for him to do, instead he was staring into the darkness as one of his hands moving in her dark hair.

It calmed her, knowing that he was there to finish the fire he had started.

She wasn't alone in the cruel world, she was with the man she loved.

Yes, she used the right world.

She loved him from the bottom of her mutilated heart. She had loved him for a long time even before she had ever met him.

Back then her heart had known of his existence. It had known and waited for his dark heart that was even more mutilated than hers.

They had called for each other in the dark of the night. And now they were finally connected. Evie could feel his slow heart beat on her chest. It was like a good night's melody for her, she could lay there forever.

Chasen fistened his hand on her hair and yanked it. Evie winced a little and lifted her head. When their eyes clashed Chasen let go of her hair making her head fall back to his chest.

"What was that for?" She mumbled against his musceled chest. It might have not been the softest thing to lay on top of but she loved every second of it.

Silence.

Her heart skipped a beat when a loud crash sounded outside of their sleeping place. What if someone would find them like this? Naked and tangled around each other's bodies.

"No one is out there."

"How do you know?" She replied trying to lift her head again to look around her. Only he he didn't allow that to happen since his hold was almost crushing her against him.

"I know."

He knew.

And she knew nothing. Nothing of importance, not even who she truly was or what actually happened to her mother. Who had put a bounty for her head? Who had wanted her uncle to die?

She wanted to ask the last question from the man that now knew her better than anyone else. But she didn't want to break the moment between them.

A part of her wanted lay there for the end of times.

And a part of her did.

***

"Are you sure you will find her?" A middle aged man asked. He had put his hands inside of his pockets as he watched the fire live inside of a fireplace. That man was Evie's father.

A man dressed in a dark cloak nodded showing his golden tooth. "I will find your daughter."

Evie's father let out a breath and looked into the eyes of the other man. "You shall not hurt her. If even a hair on her head isn't intact, you are going to pay for it," he threathened knowing that it meant nothing for the man that he had tried to find for a long time.