ChapterSeven: Stars

Her hands were shaking and breathing became more difficult the further they walked away from the mansion. 

What had she done?

Something in her told her to run back to her father and pretend nothing ever happened. Perhaps her father hadn't even realized that she had disappeared. She could run back and pretend that nothing ever happened. 

That Evie had never seen the man of her dreams standing in front of her. She could tell her father that she just had wanted some fresh air. 

No, she shook her head. 

She needed to do this.

She needed to start living her life with her rules. 

Evie turned to look at the man walking next to her. He hadn't said a word to her since their escape, or rather her escape. For the first time she could actually look at him. His hair was longer than the last time she had seen and perhaps even darker. Was it even possible for hair to go darker as time passed?

His gaze was directer straight forward and his steps seemed calculated. 

"Where are we going?" Evie whispered. She was little out of breath since she had never walked long distances. 

He didn't answer her. 

Her heart dropped. 

"Where are you taking me?" When he stayed silent again she knew that it had been a mistake. This was all her fault. Her father was going to hate her, what if he wouldn't take her back?

And Florian?

He must be furious. She was his fiancee after all. 

She stopped walking.

She must go back. "Stop." Evie said.

"I have made a huge mistake. Thank you for your help but I really need to go back." 

The man stopped and turned to look at her silently. Evie looked straight into his eyes as she continued: "I am extremely thankful for your help but I can't do this. My father will be furious if he ever finds out that I ran and I can't do that to him." 

"So you are running back to your castle princess?"

Evie's mouth opened in a small shock. She hated that word, princess, more than anything else in the word. She wasn't a princess. But still hearing him say it made her feel odd.

"No, I am not running back. I just realized that I have made a huge mistake."

Her mystery man let out a scoff. 

"Running back to your so called fucking fiancee."

Evie's cheeks turned little pink. "No, I am not going back to him. I need to see my father." Something in his eyes shifted as he crossed his arms. His hands were covered in black leather gloves.

"I really appreciate your help, thank you." She said in small panic. She couldn't do this, not without talking to her father. 

He would be furious and sad. She had betrayed him. 

How could she do this? After everything they had gone through. After him being there for her her entire life, how could she abandon him without an explanation? She hadn't been thinking clearly. Everything had blurred when she had seen the man from her dreams standing in front of her for the first time in two years. 

Wasn't that what she had wanted and prayed for. The reason she had cried herself to sleep way too many times?

"I just need to see my father, please. I hope-," she was interrupted by him closing the distance between them quickly.