¶chapter twenty seven¶

Her whole body felt set on fire. Her heart felt like suspended in the air. She felt nostalgic. His lips were gentle yet possessive against hers. Her mind went numb as his hot lips acted as a refugee in his cold weather for her. His veiny big hand was covering her wet, soft cheek. While with his other palm, he was holding her slim waist.

The sense of his fingers digging into her skin was so prominent due to the rain that goosebumps rose on her neck. The way the prickly stubble on his smooth jaw touched against her chin caused her to tremble with so many sensations. The water falling from the sky made the overall scene so sensual.

Faris nibbled on her lower lip to deepen the kiss and she gave in as a gasp left her mouth. Her lips parted and he already in need of the opportunity started exploring her mouth. Right at that moment, Ajwa's mind flashed with what was happening.

She shot opened her eyes and looked at him who was kissing her without any hurry. Such a calculated and passionless move that she got agitated. As though he was just doing it because the situation demanded this. It was not because he wanted it.

Ajwa placed her one hand on his taut chest and pushed him away. Faris looked at her in confusion. He again tried to capture her lips considering perhaps she got shy but this time, she moved her face in the other direction.

"What's wrong?" He whispered talk.

"Is anything right happening here?" She questioned back, sternly.

Faris raised a brow. What happened to her all of a sudden? And his oblivion and ignorance annoyed her more. She couldn't make herself more clear than this. But what could be expected from a guy who couldn't understand what she was trying to say? Perhaps she was asking for too much. Maybe she needed to accept her fate which was this bland. What was the use of showing her anger to him? But at the same time, she wanted to let him know that he was depriving her of something really important whether he cared for it or not.

Ajwa sighed and shook her head. "I am feeling cold now. I am going inside."

She turned around to go towards the inside when his words put a halt to her steps.

"Do you want me to love you?"

Her lips turned into one line and her fingers curled in a fist as she again faced him. Faris was standing there with those relaxed and calm expressions on his face as though he didn't mean the most significant talks of the heart but just some random things or to be more precise, a disease.

But this came off as a surprise to her that at last, he understood what she wanted. Though it didn't have any meaning in his eyes but still, he was able to read her.

"Who doesn't want it?" Ajwa said with a slight tilt of her shoulder.

Faris's eyes again took in the mesmerizing sight of her. The rain had slowed down a bit but there were some drops which again made those beautiful lips of hers so attractive. He jerked the thoughts out of his head and focused on the discussion going on.

This time, Ajwa was looking like a cute little doll to him with so much hope in her big crystal brow eyes. He approached her and raised her face by placing his index finger and thumb under her chin. She gave him an adorable angry glance.

"I can try," he mumbled, giving her full attention.

Her eyes widened. "Try for what?"

Faris held her soft hand and found it icy cold. He sandwiched it between his big palms and rubbed it to give her some warmth. "To fall in love with you. Same as I am sincere, loyal, and affectionate for you, I can also give you love if that what's you want. Or else I can make you feel that I love you. Tell me what else do you expect your husband to do for you."