"Something doesn't feel right about this" McGonagall said as they walked to his room.

Eventually they found Harry's door, it was a wooden door with the words 'keep out' scratched into it. Needless to say, that did not fill either Professor with confidence. Dumbledore knocked once, no answer. He knocked again, and again, yet no reply.

"Harry?" He called "Mr Potter? We're coming in" He waved his wand and the door unlocked, he slowly pushed it open and entered the room, followed by Professor McGonagall.

The room wasn't very big, on the left was a cupboard and a bed while on the right was a desk, a chair and a shattered mirror above the desk. The floor boards were wooden while the walls and ceilings were a very plain white. Opposite from the door was a window, they found what they were looking for as he was currently sat on the window frame.

Sat with his head looking out the window and away from them was Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived and the boy they were searching for. He was wearing black shoes, blue jeans, a black hoodie with the hood up. His left leg was hanging down as he couldn't seem to fit both on top of the window frame, on top of his left arm was a bird, specifically a raven, which he gently stroked with his right hand.

"Mr Potter?" Dumbledore spoke again but Harry didn't respond "Mr Potter, I am Albus Dumbledore, I am currently the Headmaster of Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, with me is Professor McGonagall"

"I thought" Harry spoke after several seconds of silence, still not looking back towards them, his voice slow with a deceptional calm added in "that I made it very clear that I wasn't interested in attending"

"And why ever not?" McGonagall asked

"I'm not fond of people" Harry answered

"Mr Potter" Dumbledore spoke after sharing a glance with his deputy "Hogwarts is the best magical school in the world, now I understand that it may be hard for you to believe in magic..."

"Oh, I believe" Harry interrupted with an amused voice "I believe in magic, I do, I just don't want to attend your school"

"But Mr Potter, we are the best..."

"Says you" Harry interrupted again "but you'd be slightly biased in that opinion"

"Mr Potter, it is required for you to attend at least five years of magical training" Dumbledore said, trying an alternative method

"Says who?" Harry asked curiously

"The magical equivalent of a government" McGonagall answered "you are required to proceed with at least five years of training, though nearly everyone continues with seven so they can complete their education and maximise their..."

"What happens if I refuse?" Harry cut her off "Will I be forced to attend?"

"Mr Potter" Dumbledore sighed "I do not know what action will be taken as I don't ever recall anyone ever refusing Hogwarts, it is something I can look up later though I imagine that it won't be something either of us would like, would you please look this way?"

Harry stopped stroking his raven, the bird turned and glared at Dumbledore and McGonagall, clearly blaming them for upsetting its human. That cost it some, frankly well-deserved, attention and caused problems for its human. It expressed its anger by unleashing a shrill sound at both members of the Hogwarts staff, who were shocked by the sudden outburst, how dare they cause problems?! It only proceeded to stop when Harry started stroking the bird and giving the bird some attention again.

"So, what you're saying is I have to go?" Harry asked

"Yes, Mr Potter" McGonagall nodded, silence took over the room as it appeared that Harry was thinking.