"Harry, listen to me," Hermione pleaded patiently.

"I know you don't want this... but, well... you know, Ron has all those siblings competing at home, and you're his best friend and you're really famous. Ron is always left behind when people see you, and he puts up with it without complaining, but I think this time it was too much..." Hermione quickly explained.

"Great," said Harry bitterly."Really great. Tell him I'll switch places with him whenever he wants. Tell him my spot is up for grabs... people gaping at my scar everywhere I go."

"She won't say anything!" Cassi intervened. "Tell him yourself, that's the only way to resolve this."

"I'm not going to chase after him to make him grow up!" said Harry, so loudly that several owls perched on a nearby tree took flight in alarm. "Maybe he believes I'm not having fun when my neck is about to be snapped or..."

Cassiopeia prevented him from speaking by giving him such a strong ear pull that Harry had tears in his eyes.

"Don't you dare say such nonsense! You didn't die from the Killing Curse, so now is not the time to rest that trouble-making ass of yours," Cassi said with an annoyed huff.

When Harry seemed calmer, Hermione spoke again.

"Harry, as we were saying... you know what you need to do, don't you? Hurry, as soon as we get back to the castle."

"I know, give Ron a good kick in the as-"

"Write to Sirius! You have to tell him what happened. He asked you to keep him informed about everything happening at Hogwarts... It's almost like he expected something like this to happen," Hermione sighed. "I brought parchment and a quill with me..."

"Cut it out!" Harry exclaimed, looking around to check if anyone was listening; but the gardens were too deserted.

"He came back to the country just because my scar hurt. He would probably storm into the castle in a rage if I told him that someone entered me into the Triwizard Tournament..." Harry complained.

"If you don't tell him, I will, Harry," Cassi said harshly. "Believe me, you don't want to see an angry Black." Cassi gave her best imitation of her grandmother's stern look.

Harry visibly shuddered, and Cassiopeia made a mental note to use Walburga's look more often.

"OK, OK, I'll write," said Harry, throwing the last piece of toast into the lake. The three of them stood there watching the bread float for a moment before a large tentacle emerged and swallowed it from below.

After that, they returned to the castle.

"Whose owl should I use?" Harry asked, when they stopped on the first floor. "He told me not to use Hedwig again."

"Use the castle's owl," Cassi simply said.
Hermione gave Harry a piece of parchment, a quill, and an inkwell, then sat down with Cassi, while Harry leaned against the wall and wrote the letter.

⁀➷

That afternoon, when Cassi entered the Slytherin common room, Pansy came excitedly to her, offering a badge.

"Support Cedric Diggory - the REAL champion of Hogwarts," it read. But then Pansy pressed it against her chest and soon a green light illuminated and appeared: "Potter stinks."
"Who came up with this idea?" Cassi asked, a mix of annoyance and pride for the ingenuity of it.

"Draco asked, and we're all organizing to distribute it," Pansy smiled maliciously. "I know he's your friend and blah blah blah, but do you want one?" she asked hopefully.

Cassi laughed. "As much as I admit the ingenuity... I can't do that to a friend," she gently concluded. "But the badge suits your eyes." Cassi kissed Pansy's cheek and left the common room.