Issue 10: Not So Secret Identity

Start from the beginning

Vee took another deep breath as she began pacing the room. "Oh my god...o-oh my god..."

"Vee...?" Luz asked. "Are you okay-"

"ME!? What about you!?" Vee cried, shaking her sister a little. "Wait...the spider-bite...did that somehow give you powers!? Spiders can't do that!!!"

Luz nodded. "I-I know! I know! But it's obvious that the spider wasn't a normal one!"

"The sudden reflexes...sticky hands...that fight with Boscha...why you didn't wanna take the bus home...oh my god, I am an idiot!" Vee cried. "Of course it was you!"

Luz rubbed the back of her neck. "I'm kinda shocked no one found out sooner..."

"Speaking of, were you...were you going to tell me?" Vee asked. "Luz, that fight with that golden guy...you could've died..."

Luz was silent for a moment at that before she nodded. "I know...I-I still don't even know anything about Golden Goblin...my first supervillain...it's terrifying..."

Vee then held her sister's hands. "Answer the question from earlier. Were you going to tell me? Tell...anyone?"

Luz shook her head. "No...I've read the superhero stories. You've read them. And now that Golden Goblin is a thing, it's more obvious than ever..."

Vee's eyes widened and she sighed. "Anyone who knows the secret identity is possibly in danger from the bad guys...right..."

"Exactly. Besides, if Mom knew, she would never let me do this." Luz said. "And I...I can't let someone else end up like...like Dad...like us..."

Vee's eyes quickly softened. "...do you think he would've wanted you doing this?"

Luz sighed. "Probably not. But, he told me after the fight with Boscha that when you have great power, there's also great responsibility...Vee, when I first got the hang of these powers, I goofed off..."

She then looked down at her hands. "And that got Dad killed..."

Vee's eyes widened. "Luz...you weren't the one who-"

"But, I could have saved him." Luz said immediately. "I'm not going to let what happened to him happen to anyone else...even if this isn't exactly legal...or safe..."

Vee was silent for a moment before sighing. "I...I won't tell anyone...besides, I...I-I could try to help."

Luz then hugged her sister tightly. "Thanks, Vee..."

Vee hugged back. "Just...promise me you'll come back home after the fights...okay?"

"I promise." Luz said immediately, smiling softly. "Besides...I need a second pair of nerd-goggles to potentially help with this Golden Goblin dude."

Vee laughed a little, but only a bit. "Yeah...but first things first...the costume...how did I never notice that? And also, where the heck did it go when you landed in front of me?"

Luz stepped back and then let herself transform, with the four glowing ring shaped symbols appearing on her wrists. "Magic costume!"

Vee's eyes were wide and she laughed a bit. "H-holy crap...that's awesome..."

Luz then took off her mask and gave it to Vee. "Right? Try it on!"

Vee blinked and then shrugged before putting on the mask. "Well?" She asked, but for some reason, her voice sounded like someone completely unfamiliar.

Luz's eyes widened. "Whoa...Vee, your voice!"

"What? Does this thing have a voice changer?"

"Maybe? Like, I know it's you under there, but you sound like someone else!" Luz cried.

Vee then pulled up the mask slightly to where her mouth was revealed. "How about now?"

"Okay, now it's back." Luz said as she took the mask back and then de-transformed, the mask disappearing along with her costume. "Magic voice changer...that should keep the secret identity thing from most people."

Vee laughed. "Unless you wanted to be a voice actor."

"That would be cool." Luz giggled. "But anyway...what are your thoughts on Golden Goblin? Cause it looks like Amity's fears were correct and someone stole the Wittebane Enterprises glider and armor."

Vee hummed. "Yeah...that's likely the case. Our option is that someone replicated the technology, but I'm leaning towards that it was stolen...did his voice sound familiar?"

Luz sighed. "No. Not only was there an echo to the mask, but he was doing a voice. I honestly couldn't tell...plus, I was more focused on the fact that he was trying to blow me up."

Vee then sat down. "Does the mask ring a bell?"

"It kinda looks like a horned owl, but no...not to mention, he wasn't just some normal guy. He practically had the same strength as me." Luz said before flexing one of her muscles. "And look at these!"

Vee nodded. "True...man, you could easily get Amity with those."

Luz's face went red and she put her arm down. "V-Vee! C'mon!"