22 ♡ affectionate storm

Începe de la început

It took a moment for the news to sink in, but Tokoyami seemed to understand the severity of the situation right away. Of course. You hadn't been there, back at USJ. You'd only heard. Stories about some mutant, genetically engineered monster that was able to hold his own against All Might. They called it a Nomu, and apparently, there'd just been an outbreak of them.

Fuck.

You cursed silently, not only because you were worried for the countless civilians that were about to be exposed to such horrors, but the ping to your phone was starting to make a disturbing amount of sense. Izuku was in Hosu, the source of the outbreak. It was completely unlike him to send such a vague message. He wouldn't have done it unless he had no other means. Unless he was in trouble.

"It'll be okay, [Name]-chan." Hawks caressed your hair, having picked up on your signs of distress. That simple gesture alone had brought you much comfort these past few days, and it helped, if only a little. "I'm gonna do what I can, don't worry about the people. The two of you wouldn't be able to make it there in time, and from what I gather on the situation, it's no place for rookie heroes to be anyways. Just sit tight and have faith in the pros."

He flashed a lethargic smile, turned, and took off to the skies again. A part of you felt hollow inside. Maybe you were jumping to conclusions, but it seemed like more than pure coincidence.

"[Name]?" Tokoyami prodded.

"Sorry," you mumbled, trying to put on a brave face. "I got a bit of a concerning text just now. From Izuku-kun. I worry he might've been caught up in this whole Nomu business. He's in Hosu right now."

"Oh..." He shrunk back a bit. "I didn't realize. I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to apologize for. We should probably be heading home," you smiled. "Izuku-kun will be fine, I'm sure. The heroes will make sure to protect everyone, and Hawks is even going over there himself. It might be best if we're not out on the streets right now."

There was something else about Hosu district that you were forgetting in the moment, or maybe you'd inadvertently forced it down into the deep recesses of your mind. Lately, there'd been a string of incidents involving a villain that kept cutting heroes down. What did they call him again? Oh, right...

The Hero Killer.

*****

"On the heels of an unexpected outbreak of strange creatures in Hosu district, we report the arrest of the notorious Hero Killer, Stain. Three U.A students were caught up in an attack by said villain before ultimately being rescued by the Flame Hero, Endeavor. While we can only speculate, it's likely that the prestigious hero institution was one of his targets from the very beginning..."

You'd been watching it all from the comfort of your home. Your large, luxurious home, and all the while Izuku, Shouto, and Iida were being faced with one of the most terrifying villains around. Even though you realized that being there would've made little of a difference, if any, you still felt guilty for your inaction. You hadn't noticed the signs early enough. Iida had turned down offers from more well-known hero offices to go work in Hosu specifically. It was obvious that he was gunning for revenge, but you'd been naïve enough to think that he wouldn't act on it.

Well, regretting wasn't going to change anything right now. As soon as they'd all been safely escorted by the police, you'd called Izuku to make sure everything was alright.

"I'm fine, [Name]-chan, don't worry," he'd told you, but of course you worried. Which is why you'd left for the hospital right away to go and see him. You should've expected it, after the run-in they'd just had, but their expressions were completely different from when you'd seen them last.