02 ♡ pastel heart

"Special recommendation?"

"Yes," Mikael nodded. "Based on the information I've been able to gather, U.A's entrance exam consists of fighting large robots and gathering points that will go forward to determine whether or not you earn a passing grade. There is also a written component, which I have no doubt you'll do well on, but it's not enough to pass. Your Quirk has no effect on anything besides living people, which unfortunately means their system places you at a disadvantage. Luckily, I happen to have some connections and it's possible to enroll you in U.A without you taking the exam."

"But... isn't that like cheating?"

"It isn't cheating. They wouldn't be able to evaluate your powers properly, which is why I'm making sure you get into the school and have a chance to prove yourself."

"Well... if you say so. I guess it's true that I can't do much with my powers unless it's against an actual person."

He smiled and patted your hair. "Don't worry. I've got it all sorted out. They'll be receiving your letter of recommendation soon enough, which leaves us time to focus on other matters. I've actually got some business in Greece around the time your classes start up, but you should only be missing a few days."

"What?" you groaned. "I'm coming with you again?"

"Of course. Each visit gives you the opportunity to strengthen your connection to your ancestry. Even if you may not realize it yourself, it helps your powers grow more stable, and deepens your spiritual bond to Aphrodite."

"Huh... I'm still not all that convinced."

"Well," he smiled, "you'll just have to wait and see."

[...]

It had been just about ten years since Mikael had become your legal guardian. As he'd promised, you'd gained more and more control over your powers, and they were noticeably stronger when activated. A big part of his training regimen was bringing you along on his trips-not just to Greece, but to see the world. He always said that heroes needed to see the big picture, the larger scope of things, and in order to realize just how vast their horizons were, travelling around the world and learning about other people and cultures was essential. As a result, you were almost certain that out of all your future classmates you'd ventured the most outside of Japan.

At first, you'd been opposed to going on your most recent trip to Greece. You did enjoy sightseeing there, and the weather was always beautiful, but you'd been reluctant to miss your first bunch of classes. But after hearing about the villain invasion that had taken place at USJ, you were actually somewhat relieved that you'd gotten to miss out.

"I hope my classmates are nice," you mumbled to yourself. Tomorrow would mark your very first day at your new school, and you wanted to make a good impression. You'd gone out shopping with the intention of buying some new school supplies, but you'd gotten a little carried away and picked out some new outfits too. Which was frankly quite pointless, since you'd be wearing your uniform the whole time, but oh well.

You were just walking home with your heaps of shopping bags in tow when someone bumped into you, and rather forcefully, at that.

"Oops, sorry," the boy apologized, offering a sheepish smile. "I guess I wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's fine," you brushed off. "No harm done."

He continued smiling and standing around, blocking your way. "It must be my lucky day, getting to run into such a beautiful girl. Where are you heading? I can help carry those bags for you."