F O U R T Y - T W O

Start from the beginning

"Take me to my sister, now." The receptionist was clearly waiting for me to come because she was already standing and leading me to another office.

I think it's a medical office, due to the interior furniture. As if on instinct, my eyes fall upon my fragile sister and my heart sinks. "Isabella." I quickly reach the examine table she lays on, grabbing her still hand to hold in mine. My fingers tremble, knowing how alone she was during this.

Not only had my heart already sunk; it panged with an unbearable pain.

"Does anyone know what happened? Did she fall!?" I rush out, fearing the worst.

"I laid her on the floor before anything could happen. Don't worry." A familiar voice rings out. My eyes widen immediately and land on Eliza-

"Eliza?"

"Angelo? I knew it! I knew I recognised the surname." The girl smiles excitedly and rushes to give me a brief hug. I obviously return it. Only letting a small grin grace my face.

"We'll catch up later." I whisper in her ear before releasing her from my hold. "Was she scared? Did she seem off beforehand?" I ask in my normal tone.

Eliza takes her seat again, against the wall and the nurse places a spare beside me. I nod to her in thanks.

"She just all of a sudden froze and stopped talking. We were discussing having a sleepover, since she hasn't had one before and- I'm rambling, sorry." Eliza shakes her head.

I smile softly. She's just a kid too.

"To answer your questions- no she didn't seem scared, only off."

The sound of paper sheets crinkling makes my head jerk to my little sister. "Bella? You awake, baby?" She squints, then shakily sits up. My hands hover over her to catch her if she falls.

"Mm, where... am I?"

"Still at school, sweetheart but in the nurse's office. We're just having a rest before you're feeling all better and we can go home." I inform her, she's quite clearly confused.

"But I feel fine, why do I need a rest?" She speaks slowly and tiredly. I rub her hand to show her it's okay.

"You just had a small seizure outside. We had to bring you in here and make sure you're okay, Isabella." The nurse finally speaks up.

Isabella focuses her gaze on the nurse, staring at her as if she is to blame for something. "Hey," my sister looks to me. "What do you say we get out of here? You feeling alright?"

In all honesty, I don't want me be here any longer than I have to. I hated school when I was younger, yet that's not why I don't want to be in one.

The longer I'm in public with my sibling without much security, the more danger we're in. I was in such a fuss to get here fast enough, I brought hardly anyone with me for protection.

It's not like I can't protect myself. It's that Isabella can't.

I cannot risk that.

I can't lose her, again.

My sister nods her head at my question and I begin to pick up her school bag. I put it on both shoulders and lift mia bella up and into my arms. She appears to still be quite drowsey from the incident, so I don't worry when she rests her little head on me and closes her eyes.

"Could you sign her out for me?" I direct towards the nurse, who immediately nods with a smile.

"Will do, Mr Agosti. Take care now." As I saunter out into the hallway, Eliza comes up behind me, gathering my attention. Of course, I wouldn't leave without saying goodbye for now.

"Hey, just...get her to text me when she feels better and we can arrange that sleepover, alright?" I give her my reserved soft smile, accepting, her gentle hug. "See ya, big guy. Say hi to the rest of the offspring for me?" I laugh.

"After that comment, I sure will. I'll be in touch, Elz." I continue to laugh as she skips away, presumably to her lesson.

And with that, I exit the dreaded school and carefully place Isabella into the passenger seat. "You're so brave, mia farfalla. So brave." I swiftly kiss her forehead, driving home without a second glace back at that hell hole.

-

has anyone got any requests or ideas for future chapters? tbh, i need some.

i underestimated the amount of engery work would take out of me, also, online shopping.

anyways, here you go rats❤️

1305 words

UNEDTEDI