003. till the luck runs dry

chapter three
till the luck runs dry

    THE WALK TO THE RAVENCLAW TOWER was as long as it was dreamy. It was supposedly the second farthest common room from the Great Hall, yet the students looked anything but tired. Most were seen talking amongst each other or admiring every single thing about the school. Ariel had the ability to do both apparently. Soon enough, they arrived at the doors of the common room. Laughter and chatter died down and was replaced with curiosity amongst the students as the prefect stood in front of the door, a door without a doorknob or keyhole, but a giant bronze knocker in the shape of an eagle.

The prefect, Emmett Aubrey, turned around and explained, "This is the entrance to the Ravenclaw common room. In order to enter the room, you must answer a riddle asked by the eagle knocker, if you answer incorrectly, you have to wait for someone else who got it right."

Much to everyone's surprise, the eagle knocker started speaking as the prefect turned around to face it. "What always comes, but never arrives?"

"Tomorrow." The prefect answered amongst the murmuring crowd. "Now, the answer could've been, the Sun, or perhaps....Time, even. It matters more how much you can think outside the box for the answers, than just mugging them all up." The door had opened by the time he finished his sentence.

At first, a small set of staircases, a stone carving of the majestic eagle and the rest of the wall adorned with constellations of midnight blue and gold could be seen from outside. As the prefect entered, followed by the students, two staircases spiral upwards in opposite directions, leading to the same level of the common room, both greeting the infamous statue of Rowena Ravenclaw in the middle.

The inside of the common room was so much prettier than Ellie would have imagined. And had so much more space. The first part of the room was circular shaped, as she would discover most are in the Ravenclaw common room, with star-covered curtains hanging off of the windows, sofas on the sides, a harp and even a few vase-plants, a few students could be seen cosied up with a book in this perfect atmosphere.

Moving forward, a gate-like structure with bookshelves on the side, gives way to the next part of the room, which was a slightly smaller version of the former, and with a fireplace in the middle. There were also a lot more bookshelves than the previous one, and it was so silent, a pin dropping could be heard. "This, is our own personal library, of course it's nowhere near as big as the school library and you can always find more things to read throughout our common room, but this is a more official place, one could say."