"How come you're here?" she asks in suprise, whilst handing him the prasad from the plate. Reyansh forwards his cupped hand, taking it.

"I just landed and came directly here." He answers, giving her his non-existent smile.

Does it bring pain to his muscle to give a smile. I shake my head at his nonchalant personality.

"Why did you take so much trouble? And how did you know we're here, lest know the place. Kiraz, did you call him here?" Mom narrows her eyes at me, making my jaw drop, at her open accusation. So much of care just for a month new son-in-law. Talk about injustice. I open my mouth to only close it, as it's me practically who nagged him to come here. But mom doesn't need to know that.

I again, tried, but this time Reyansh cuts me of, and pretenses,"Rest assured she didn't called me, or nagged me like a child to come here."

My mother understands the meaning behind his hidden words, making her laugh mildly at him. Although, I know it just a cover up for the anger she must be having on me, for making her good son-in-law, struggle so much. A grim expression took over my face, making me twist my lips at him, which increases more by seeing his smirk.

"Since you're here, let me introduce you to my friends." Mom gushes, and before I could stop her, she walks away, to the group of ladies, who were giving us not so subtle glances of curiosity, from the time mom came.

I whirl around, facing him. Slamming my hands on the either of my forearm, squinting my eyes, directly on him.

"What's that?" I demand.

Reyansh tilt his head, his forehead marred in a crease, acting all innocent and clueless,"What, what!"

"Why did you said I called you?" I remark, but he goes with keeping on his act, expressing all strange and oblivious. He ignores me and take a bite of the round yellow sweet.

"Exactly that's what I told, that you didn't call me, didn't I?" he glibs. A brief vision of his face, and even a child can say that this man is infuriating as hell. And insufferable to some extent.

"Nope. You twisted words." I pin-point at him, wanting to make a good win out of this conversation. Even knowing it's pointless.

"I just lied, that you didn't call me. If it's counted in twisted." He shrugs. His orbs provoking me in a challenge of fighting with him, but I held myself back. I don't want to put my energy into something at the end of which I will be the looser.

"Fool a child!" I assert.

"That's what I am doing." Comes his reply, making me pass him a sarcastic smile.

Not wanting to deal with him anymore, I turn away from him, but he stops me by wrapping his arm against my waist. My eyes gets brazen, and I immediately slam myself on his side, to avoid any eyes. As mom followed by her friends, were making their way towards us.

I cup his hands, trying to removes the grip of his fingers, from my exposed skin.

"Reyansh leave me." I whisper yell at him, wiggling unobtrusively.

"No sooner." He feigns a mischievous smile. I open my mouth to voice out, but a sweet soft sensation, spreads in my mouth. I cup my hand over my mouth, chewing the gooey sweet.

I hit his arms, swallowing the lump. "Why you did that?"

He shrugs his shoulder, bringing me closer against his side. "I don't like sweet things."

That, proves as a basis for his all time, somber face.

Mom and her bosom buddies come us, each smiling like a vibrant sky, enough to show their upper set of teeth, and eyes glistening like a LED bulb. Justifying their motive of coming over, with their duty of match making.