Cordelia let out a troubled laugh. "I was swept away by the crowd you see... I didn't expect young girls were this excited..."

A small laugh left Lady Briar's lips. "Pfft—! Indeed! Shall I help you, Marchioness?" She offered her hand.

"If it isn't much of a trouble—"

Loud joyful screams interrupted her, signaling the toss of the bouquet. The bride held it downward before tossing it above her head. The lovely flowers that were held in the bouquet glistened as it headed to a certain direction.

Cordelia's eyes widened as it was heading straight toward her. But before the bouquet could reach Cordelia's hands...

SMACK!

"....."

"Oh my..."

Many ladies were left speechless while many gasped, silently staring at the bouquet that was struck to the ground by a pair of large hands. The only lovely bouquet had turned into something... a bit unpleasant.

Leon awkwardly cleared his throat, bending down to pick up the bouquet he struck, just so it wouldn't land on Cordelia's hands. "My apologies..." He spoke... fixing the bouquet and trying to make it more pleasant.

Leon felt the many eyes that bore onto his back as he neared the bride. "Please, throw it again." He said, respectfully handing it back to the bride.

Cordelia, who witnessed such a thing, could barely hold back her laughter.

AFTER the wedding, when they were finally settled inside their carriage, Cordelia could no longer hold herself back. And so, she bursted out into fits of laughter.

"Ha..!"

"Haha!"

Leon could only look away as to avoid her gaze. His face were flushed feeling a sense of embarrassment.

Just as Cordelia's laugh died down, she turned to him and immediately asked. "Why did you hit the flower to the—" She paused, trying to calm herself. "—ground... Pfftt!"

After that, Cordelia finally calmed down. But Leon still refused to look at her, driven by shame.

"Come on, are you sulking?" She asked teasingly, reaching for his hands.

"No." Came his immediate answer.

"Then why is your lips pursed?"

"....." He stayed silent, looking outside the carriage window.

"Tell me, why did you do that?" She asked.

Leon quietly clicked his tongue. "Because of that ridiculous belief of whoever catches the bouquet at a wedding, would soon marry after the bride."

"Oh my, did that worry you?"

He turned to her with a soft frown. "Of course it did!" He said, pursing his lips. "I detest the thought of you 'marrying' again. You should only be with me and I intend to be your only husband in this life. And if you were to marry again, be it our second wedding." Leon quietly grumbled.

The corners of her lips rose assuringly as she leaned into him, placing tender kisses on his cheeks.

'How cute.' She thought. "Worry not dear. You know very well that you are the only man I will ever accept to be my husband."

Hearing that, heat suddenly began to rise to his face. His skin suddenly grew redder, flushed, just as Cordelia's breath hit his lips.