PROLOGUE

The Past

The Past

I get ready for the last day in hell. Today I graduated My high school- Where I can barely even breathe. Always a problem standing right in front of me every day. Not even a day can I live in peace. Because of my nightmare, my nemesis, Alice Pollard. She's the popular, bitchy, daddy's money girl. Her family is the 10th richest family in America. I don't even understand the reason she bullies me. I minded my own business when I first got in. 

My bestie honks for the third time, waiting for me in her car. My bestie, May Young is the sweetest and kindest but the most ruthless person I have ever met. She leaves her competition in ashes when arguing. Her family is the fifth richest family in America and yet they are down to earth. 

Her parents are very generous. They never made me feel left out or poor. They love me like their own child. Mrs Young even suggested living with them because currently, I am living in a shabby cabin which has a kitchen on the right and a washroom on the left. My bedroom and living room are combined. But I couldn't. She understood but she did say I can visit whenever I want and hell if that didn't make me cry. 

I am an orphan. I never had the family's love. A mother's love, a father's care, a brother's protectiveness, a sister's arguments, a grandfather to spoil me and a grandmother to stop him. I never experienced that. But the Young Family never let me feel that in these past few years. I have known May since  8th grade. Now we are graduating.  

My phone dings and I open the message. It's from May. 

May- 'Bitch when are you coming? Or I coming inside and dragging your ass out of your house!'

Did I mention she also has a good sense of humour? 

April- 'Give me two minutes!'

May- 'You've been saying that for the past half an hour!'

I quickly take my bag and a piece of bread as my breakfast. I get

it in her car. 

"Who were you getting ready for?" She asks irritatingly as she puts on her seatbelt. 

"Sorry. I know." I put on my seatbelt. We speed off to our school. 

We soon reach our school and give our speech, get our degrees. I find Alice standing near me. 

"Where were you, bitch?" She asks in her bitchy tone that can make the calmest person burst into anger. Like me for example. 

"Sorry ma'am." I lower my head and say. YEP! She tells me to call her ma'am. That makes me want to shove a stick up her- 

SHHH! 

CALM DOWN! 

She takes me to a more private place. 

"Well, this your punishment for that." She slaps me with the back of her hand and I fall on the floor holding my cheek. She snickers and soon a couple of snickers are also heard behind her. Her minions- Mia, Rita and Jary. 

Then Alice slowly reaches down near my face and slowly says. 

"You are worthless, poor piece of shit, April. You can't do one thing right. You are fucking worthless!" She spits at me. 

"You are no one. You are going to die out of the cold in that shabby cabin you live in. You don't even have mommy and daddy to save you. Poor girl." Alice and her minions snicker as tears start to swell up in my eyes. 

Then she suddenly grabs my hair by the roots and it rips out a shriek from me. 

"Shh! Bitch! You don't want anyone to see how pathetically weak and poor you are? Oh, wait! Everyone already knows that." 

More tears well up in my eyes as her grip tightens. The ache in my chest spreads throughout my body and I feel limp. She drags me to the hall by my hair as I struggle to leave her grasp. There is no one in the hall since the ceremony is on the ground. She throws me down onto the floor and sits on a chair. 

"Now now what do I do with you since it's the last day?" She says and then slaps me five times continuously on each cheek and I cry out. 

"Shut up, little menace. You don't deserve to be here. You don't deserve to study in such a prestigious. You don't even deserve Kai." 

She knew?! 

She knew I had a crush on Kai? 

Kai Sinclair, his family is the thirtieth richest family in the United States. I know that I never had a chance with him. But I couldn't help but have a crush on him, not because of his money but his personality. He was not the typical bad boy of the school. He did have fights but with the people who bullied others. He never bullied a single innocent person in the school. Although he never smiles or shows emotions. He shows kindness aggressively. Despite saving others he never shows any emotion to them. He has fights, then just leaves the bully and the victim just there. 

And his looks are not less either. His long heart-shaped face, rosy pink lips, sharp features. His everything fascinated me: his blue eyes, his lips, everything. 

But there he never saved me. I guess he just didn't know that his girlfriend bullied me. Alice was always cautious around Kai. She acted sweet and prim in front of Kai. 

"I knew through your diary where you write all your secrets. That was the moment I knew I wanted to date Kai or even my foot won't date him." She says casually sitting like a queen on the chair. 

"You know you are that stray dog who wanders on the streets searching for food and shelter. You are that stray dog. I bet even the stray dog is better than you. You are nothing, April. Nothing. Not even the dust on my shoes. That is the reason you don't even belong in this world-" She's cut off when her phone rings. She groans but immediately straightens when she sees who's calling her. 

"Hey, Dad... Oh really? I'm coming in a second." She leaves me sitting there all weak. 

She's wrong I am something. I work hard to earn money and even study. Being poor doesn't make me nothing. I am something and I'm going to prove it to Alice and the world who always rejected me. I have been rejected by many people in my life. I'm going to show everyone that I am something. 

Just wait, Alice. I'll prove what I'm worth.

People! Check out my books at least once

People! Check out my books at least once. I promise it will be worth it. Please show some love and support by voting and viewing. Please, guys😖🥺

Yours Kyra, 

Xoxo💖