CHAPTER 6

The opening program of our intramurals started in a prayer while the students are gathered in the opened field and are lined according to our strands. It was followed by the singing of the National Anthem and the pledge for the athletes led by Vin. After that is the welcome message from the Highschool Department Principal and from him. I was holding Sienne's arms while telling her what happened during the parade while Vin is still on the stage.

"You better ask him what he truly feels, Aya. Don't just settle for... signs," is what she replied.

The first game in the school gymnasium is basketball played by our strand against the HUMMS so Sienne and I went there after we changed clothes in the comfort room. Hindi ko na nakita si Vin at naiintindihan ko naman dahil busy siya sa pagiging SSG president. But when we sat in the bleachers near the court and saw the players, I immediately stood up out of schock.

Player si Vin?!

Bakit hindi niya sinabi? Kaya pala siya ang nag-lead kanina sa pledge of athlete dahil maglalaro rin pala siya. So saan ako magche-cheer ngayon? Nasa bleachers ako ng mga STEM tapos sisigaw ako ng GO HUMMS?

"Sienne, maglalaro si Vin!" Naupo ulit ako niyugyog ang braso niya.

Humalukipkip siya at tumango. "Nakita ko Aya. Bawal traydor sa sariling strand ha." She reminded.

Nagkamayan na ang mga players nang nahanap ni Vin ang mga mata ko sa gitna ng maraming estudyanteng kasama namin. Malalim ang titig niya sa 'kin pero kahit gusto kong umiwas ng tingin ay hindi ko magawa. The guy in blue eyes, wearing his black jersey and looking at me as if I am the only person in this gymnasium, is the guy I am willing to take the risk with. If he really feels the same, if heaven finally granted my wish.

Nagsimula ang laro at agad na nakapuntos ang taga HUMMS. Kanina ko pa gustong sumigaw dahil halos si Vin ang nakaka-shoot pero baka mahampas pa ako ni Sienne dito. Some of the STEM students are shouting with their banners kaya mali talaga kung bigla 'kong iche-cheer ang HUMMS kaya sa halip na makisabay ay nanahimik nalang ako.

Sienne, on the other hand, is just staring blankly at the court without any emotion on her face. May problema ba siya? She looked like spacing out. Pero magsasabi naman siguro siya kung meron. Sinandal ko nalang ang ulo ko sa balikat niya para malaman niyang nandito ako. I felt her stiffened but eventually relaxed.

The game ended and the HUMMS won! Ako lang ata ang pumalakpak sa banda namin. The girls beside us looked at me weirdly as if I'm losing my mind but the grin on my face never faded. Sienne and I stood up and walked towards the exit of the gymnasium but my eyes remained on the HUMMS players especially to Vin who is now talking to Soleira. I pouted when the latter gave him a bottle of water and he accepted it! May binili naman kami kanina ah...

Umahon ang inis sa dibdib ko kaya hinila ko na si Sienne palabas doon lalo nang makita kong papalingon na si Vin sa banda namin. It already lunch time but I don't feel any hunger kaya dumiretso ako sa paglalakad papunta sa classroom namin at hindi rin naman umangal ang kasama ko.

Sienne remained silent nang naupo kami kaya imbes na magmukmok at magselos sa closeness ni Vin at Soleira, pinagtuonan ko nalang ng pansin si Sienne na parang wala na ata sa sarili.

"What's wrong?"

Sandali pa bago siya nakasagot at tahimik na umiling. She's not like this! For sure there's really a problem. Sa family niya? I don't want to force her to tell me something she doesn't want to discuss yet so I just nodded and stare at her for a long time.

She chuckled humorlessly and look back at me. "You are the first person whom I'll be telling my problems. Don't worry. I'm good."

"Talaga?" Puno 'yon ng pagdududa. I don't want to be a useless friend. She's always there for me when I needed her so I'm also trying my best to be with her. Atleast, listen to her. But it seems like she has really no plans on telling me what's running on her head.