24, Step-Mother and Evil Step Sister

Start from the beginning

"And what's written inside?" He asked curiously, keeping his phone away.

" I don't know. I'm clueless on how to open it anyway but I will asked Alejandro today" I said.

He gave the diary one last look, like he was thinking about something before facing back at me "I should get going. Got some stuff to do" he said, walking away.

"Well... that was wierd" Charlotte commented as we got closer to the Riordan's car. I elbowed her shoulder, causing her to let out a little dramatic wince.

Casey and Riordan came over some minutes later while Kiernan took his car and he drove us back to the mansion.

There were unfamiliar cars at the driveway of the mansion. Rio furrowed his eyebrows at the black Cadillac as he parked his car and walked out.

"Who's car is this?" I asked "Are they visitors?"

"Nope" Kiernan chipped in "It's that bastard. I can still remember that car"

Charlotte and I shared a glance, walking up the stairs and stepping into the main hall before hearing the cold clinging of a pair of louboutin heels, walking towards us.

"Ohhh... There they are" the woman said in some chic Italian accent. Her style was elegant and chic, mostly giving out that bitch and snobbish kind of life that she has arrived at the highest rank of richest in the world. The stare she gave me was purely condescending with a hidden glint of evil.

"Noely, how was today?" She questioned, ignoring my presence.

"Fine, mother" Casey said with a small smile.

She turned to face me "And you must be Demelza Ferrari... I'm Maria La Masseria, your step mother" she said.

Before I could reply, Rauw's huge and athletic figure shielded me behind him. I tried picking over of his shoulder but his height grounded mine from far.

"Maria, I warned you not to speak to her" he said in a cold harsh tone.

"So, I can't get to know my step daughter like any other step mother?" She asked in a daring tone.

"Listen to me clearly, Maria, the next time I catch you or Casey any where close to Kara ever again after all of what you have done. I will not hesitate to end you" he said in a cold emotionless tone holding that sinister glint.

Not many could see but I caught Maria gulp in fear a little before  gaining back her demeanour. Alejandro held my hand, taking me upstairs while Charlotte silently followed behind us.

When we were finally away, I tried to take away my hand from his grip but damn, his hand was way bigger and stronger than my bony little hands.

"Kara-"

"Let go, Rauw" I said in a supposedly cold tone.

"Firstly, Don't ever cut me off" he stated "Secondly, didn't you just see what happened down there? Stop acting offended for matters that aren't even directed at you"

"She is my sister, Alejandro" I reasoned.

"She is not, Kara and you will confirm that during dinner" He said.

"What will happen?"

"They will happen" he breathe out tiredly "We have the family dinner tomorrow, by the way"

"Okay" I nodded. I didn't like arguing with Alejandro but he too was over complicated and seemed to contradict most of my thoughts and beliefs. He was one of my favourite brothers or should I say my favorite himself.

"Umm... I wanted to ask if you could open this diary or-"

"The key is the bracelet around the teddy bear" he said "I thought you guessed. That's why the three items match together with the infinity sign"