Chapter 20: Mixtape: Oh

Start from the beginning

"I missed you too, Lily."

She squeezed my hand before looking over at Chan who was behind me. "And you must be the man who took my best friend away." She squinted her eyes at him.

Chan smiled and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "All for good reason, but I'm sorry for stealing her from you."

Lily shrugged and walked us towards her car. "Is he coming with us?" She asked me, getting into the driver seat. I got into the passenger seat and Chan got into the backseat.

"He has to since these dumbass guys are trying to take me or something." Lily hummed and started the car. She turned on the radio and "The Less I Know The Better" by Tame Impala played. Honestly a good song for when you're going on a drive on such a nice day.

- ,,

We got to one of the local malls in the city and went inside after finding a parking spot. The parking garage was pretty packed and so was the mall.

"Where do you wanna go first?" I held onto Lily's hand, it was a habit since we were so close. But Chan didn't like it so he held onto my free hand. "What about a cosmetics store first? I need new makeup." Lily suggested and I agreed.

We entered a beauty store and Lily pulled me towards the skincare section. She picked two different serums. "Which one is better?"

I looked at the both of them and pointed to one. "I used to use this one. It's good for dark spots and hydrates the skin." Then I picked up a different serum. "Or you could get this. This one is better."

Lily nodded and chose the serum I picked up.

"Ahh, no, no. This serum is the best in this store." Chan said, handing Lily a more popular serum. "It has Vitamin C in it and it isn't sticky. It also hydrates your skin faster."

Lily smiled and picked that one instead. "Thank you."

I nudged Chan in the elbow and he smiled at me amusingly. "Why do you know so much about skincare?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why do you think there's so many skincare products in my bathroom?" He pointed to his face. "And how do you think I got such perfect skin?"

I scoffed and followed Lily to a different part of the store.

I got myself some moisturizer and cleansing foam that Chan both picked for me. He knew his stuff. Lily picked up a lip tint sample and pulled me closer to her. "This'll suit you, try it."

I didn't want to ruin my makeup at first but I let her put it on me. And surprisingly, it looked good. "See, you should buy it." She put the lip tint in her shopping basket before walking over to a different isle.

"You should get this too." Chan picked up a different lip tint. It was darker.

"How do you know it'll suit me?" Darker shades on my lips didn't really suit me.

"Trust me." He wiped the previous lip tint off my lips and applied the darker one. I looked in the small mirror on the sample table and it actually really suited me. "So?"

"I like it." I smiled and he picked up the box of the lip tint.

We followed Lily to the perfume area. There were surprisingly a lot of perfumes even though the store was small. Chan looked at the different colognes for men while Lily and I tried some perfume samples by spraying them on little sample sticks and smelling them.

"Mmm, this one smells like lilies."

"You should get it then, it suits you. Your name is Lily, might as well smell like it." I crouched down and picked up the box for the perfume Lily wanted. "Hey, the price isn't too expensive."