Chapter 93 - Gold

Começar do início

There's seriously not a single wolf over here? The kid also makes it sound like starving isn't a big deal, I'm guessing a lot of this world really have it pretty bad then. Need to check in with the capital at some point to see how things are going, already heard the odd rumour about there being a lot of change over there but it's not exactly like news can get around that quickly in this world, we are on an island not actually part of the empire after all.

"Well regardless then kid, still give us a heads up if there's any other problems, we'll head back now and let you get on with it"

Just before we turn and go to head back, it seems our conversation isn't just over yet.

"Ah beforehand, take a sample back with you... Sir-, no, that grumpy dick of a blacksmith would like to see it. Tell him in that he'll need to prepare for a hundred times that amount, it's not literal but he'll understand what I mean"

Jaxon picks up and passes me quite a heavy lump of gold ore, I take it nearly dropping the damn thing due to the weight and then place it nice and safe inside my ring, I'm a little unsure why he needs a sample but the kid knows best.

On the way-out holding hands, can't help but have a few words with my lovebird, that's kinda cute calling Petra that, might do it more often.

"Hey Petra, we've really got lucky with him"

Seriously though, I already owe priestess's God a lot and now another, our luck seems to be brilliant right now, just look at the abilities I've unlocked as well. Even if there is or isn't a God controlling luck behind the scenes, I've got to make the most of it right now, I'd buy a lotto ticket to go with this streak if they existed in this world.

"Heh, yeah, this will make this a lot easier going forward... The question is, how do we precede next?"

It would be better if we could automate everything and transport the ore we get later on without having to fly back and forth, can already tell that's going to be a nuisance but I guess it'll have to do for now. Maybe someday might even set up a forge out here in the mine for smelting or even better yet, build a huge bridge connecting this island to the town, lots of plans but all pointless if we don't have manpower or money. Huh, could also build a dock over this side as well, need to stop thinking so far ahead though.

"That's obvious, right? We sell it!"

"Then guessing we'll be paying the dwarfs a visit in the near future? Still might take some time but things are progressing"

Still got a little ways to go but things are looking good right now, need to ride this high as much as possible before things inevitably start to mess up. I used to be pretty optimistic but with everything in this world, things always can take a turn for the worse at any time so need to make the most of everything... like for example, currently sharing this moment with Petra before I have to change form outside the mine.

"Oi Petra... you know we actually are lovebirds, right?"

It's really cute that, I'm trying to ignore the pun but I surprisingly like it, Petra and Ikarus, the two lovebirds taking on the world as mine owners! I'd say alongside each other but she is on my back a lot...

"Heh, funny how you can say it perfectly fine like that"

Saying lovebird is easier than actually saying I love you though, that should be obvious for someone of my unique mind.

"Well obviously! I am pretty odd when it comes to everything after all"

"Wouldn't change you for the world"

"Urgh, that should be my line..."

Before we head back, let's have a quick kiss though...

__________