"You used wandless magic!"

⁀➷,

In the dark atmosphere of the Shrieking Shack, Cassi sat on a dusty old sofa with Crookshanks nestled in her lap. Sirius shared stories from his youth, eliciting laughter from Cassi at every turn.

Sirius described how devastated he felt by Potter's death. He was more than a friend; he was like a brother to him. His face was marked by a mix of sadness and contained anger, while his words carried the weight of twelve years of guilt and regret. His voice trembled slightly as he described the emptiness and devastation he felt from the loss. He explained how his truth was distorted and misinterpreted, being treated as a madman and sent to the terrible wizard prison. The guilt consumed him because he knew that, even though he didn't commit the heinous acts, it was his decision to trust Peter that led to the tragedy. The expression on his face revealed the pain and remorse he carried within.

He was wrongly accused, denied a trial.
Sitting beside her uncle, she reached out her hand, offering a gesture of support. Although words were insufficient to alleviate the burden Sirius carried, Cassi's presence and attentive listening served as a reminder that he was no longer alone.

Sirius paused for a moment, looking closely at his niece, his eyes filled with tears.

"You have Reggie's smile,"

Then, with a choked voice and tears in his eyes, he excused himself. He needed a moment to clear his mind. With a gentle nod, he stepped away, leaving Cassi sitting in one of the chairs, immersed in her own thoughts.

She remained there, in silence, pondering whether to follow her uncle and offer support or wait for his return. The internal dilemma was intense, as she wanted to be there for Sirius but also respected his space and the need to compose himself.
As she struggled with this decision, she heard screams.

Suddenly, Sirius returned in his Animagus form, dragging Ron by the leg.
Cassi, perplexed by the scene before her, ran to help Ron, who seemed to be in pain. She quickly examined her friend, checking for any visible injuries.

"You crazy dog! What do you think you're doing?!" Cassi reprimanded him, her voice filled with shock and concern.

Sirius, transforming back into his human form, looked at Cassi with determined eyes and a mixture of sadness. He sighed deeply before responding, "I'm sorry, little fox, but it's the only way."

Crookshanks, appearing out of nowhere, jumped onto Cassi's lap, purring and seeking comfort. The sudden presence of the cat caught Ron's attention, and he gave Cassi an accusing look.
"You're with him! And that treacherous ball of fur too!" Ron accused, his expression filled with suspicion and anger directed at Cassi.

"Shut it, Wesley!" Cassi responded impatiently, cutting him off abruptly. She was tired of being the target of Ron's suspicions and had no time to deal with his unfounded accusations.
However, before the tension could escalate further, Cassi heard Harry and Hermione's shouts approaching.

"Ron? Are you okay? Where's the dog?" Harry asked, his voice filled with concern as his eyes searched for his friend.

"CASSI?" Hermione exclaimed, her puzzled expression reflecting surprise and fear. "And Crookshanks?" Hermione fixed her gaze on Cassiopeia, her left eye twitching slightly.

"Harry, it's a trap, he's the dog! He's an Animagus!" Ron exclaimed, his voice full of exasperation, pointing at Sirius who was hiding behind the door.

Hermione stepped protectively in front of Harry, assuming a courageous stance. "If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill me too," she said determinedly.