𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐯. 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter forty-four ―― dead to me

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter forty-four ―― dead to me

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE KEPT HER hands tight around the leather of Daryl's vest, so tight that her knuckles had turned white and she didn't let go until well after sun up

ˏˋ°•*⁀CHARLIE KEPT HER hands tight around the leather of Daryl's vest, so tight that her knuckles had turned white and she didn't let go until well after sun up. She looked up, her teary eyes squinted against the early morning light as Daryl drove down the highway, after a small stop to stretch, the two assumed that'd be the best place to go. If the others had made it out, that's where they'd go, at least that was the hope.

She turned to look over her shoulder to see Glenn and Maggie following closely behind them with T-Dog in the blue truck behind them. It was a miracle they had found each other at all but still she couldn't quite get a smile to form on her lips not after what she had to do. Now, all she could hope was that Mason and the others had made it out okay. Hell, she was even hoping to see Shane again.

Daryl drove through the grass, cutting across to the other side of the road and Charlie let out a sigh when she saw Rick and Carl, at least they were okay. As the others drove through the grass she jumped off the bike and quickly made her way towards Rick, who tightly wrapped his arms around her and she couldn't hold back her tears as everyone greeted each other. Maggie and Beth ran towards Hershal, Glenn staying close by, Lori engulfing Carl in a bear hug, while Daryl stayed next to his bike and T-Dog hung out the door of the blue truck, a gun in his hand.

Charlie pulled back from Rick when she heard a truck approaching and she turned to see Mason's truck coming to a stop behind the blue truck. Mason quickly parked and jumped out, not bothering to close his door and he made his way towards the crying brunette.

"I thought I lost you." He squeezed her to him, his eyes closed as he kissed the top of her head and all she could do was cry as her hands gripped his jacket.

"Where'd you find everyone?" Rick asked, looking over at Daryl.

"Well, those guys' taillights zigzagging all over the road – figured he had to be Asian, driving like that."

"Good one." Glenn chuckled.

"Where's the rest of us?" Daryl asked, looking at the group, sure a lot of them had made it but there were missing a few.