𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐫

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter five ―― that's my dear

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter five ―― that's my dear

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ AFTER FINISHING HER CHORES for the morning and making sure the kids are, Charlie grabbed her bow and the few arrows Daryl had left behind before she made her way out into the woods away from camp

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ AFTER FINISHING HER CHORES for the morning and making sure the kids are, Charlie grabbed her bow and the few arrows Daryl had left behind before she made her way out into the woods away from camp. Mason saw her walk off and decided to follow her, him having finished showing Josh around.

"What are you doing?" He asked and she continued, not bothering to face him.

"Guns are loud, they draw more walkers. Arrows, not so loud. I need to get better."

"Thought Daryl was teaching you."

"He is." She nodded as she came to a stop, loading her bow and aiming at a tree that had a red dot with a red circle around it – Daryl had painted it for the girl to use as a target. "Do you see him anywhere?" She let the arrow fly and it hit the edge of the red circle, making her groan as she dropped her arms. She was irritated that it had been taking her so long to get the hang of it, she usually picked up on things pretty quickly.

"At least you hit the tree this time." He offered and she narrowed her eyes at him but all he could do was laugh. She rolled her eyes as she made her way towards the tree and yanked the arrow free. Once she was a good distance away, she loaded her bow again and aimed at the tree before letting the arrow fly. Still, she hit the outer edge of the red circle. "I'm impressed." He mumbled sarcastically.

"Shut up." She grumbled, making her way towards the tree to pull the arrow from the bark. "One more word from you and I'll be using you for target practice."

He raised his hands in a form of surrender. "I'll keep my mouth closed." He pretended to zip his lips and then toss the key over his shoulder, making the girl laugh.

"Thank you." She hummed as she took her stance about ten feet from the tree, her eyes narrowed as she took a breath, she readied her bow but before she could release the arrow she heard a scream, both she and Mason jumped and ran towards the sound, she held her bow in front of her, keeping the arrow in place but she didn't have it pulled back.