𝐱𝐥. 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜
chapter forty ―― sorry, brother

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter forty ―― sorry, brother

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE AND JOSH sat there for a while and the sun had set, no words were spoken, they just held onto each other

ˏˋ°•*⁀CHARLIE AND JOSH sat there for a while and the sun had set, no words were spoken, they just held onto each other. It was comfortable and warm, and exhaustion was pulling the girl under but she fought it off. The air around them was cold, quiet – all but the crickets chirping in the grass around them and an owl howling in the distance. Josh smoothed his hand over her hair, pressing his lips to her head after every pass of his hand and the girl toyed with the fingers on his other hand. She'd wedged her fingers between his and squeeze before untangling their hands and tracing her finger along his palm. Then she turned his hand over and traced her finger along his knuckles before bringing his hand to her lips and pressing a soft kiss to his skin.

"What can I do?" He asked, his voice a soft whisper. "How can I make this better?"

"You can't." She told him, wedging her finger between his again. "But this definitely helps."

"Good." He mumbled into her hair, tugging her closer to him with the arm that was around her. "What you said to Carol about Shane, did you mean it?"

"Yes." She nodded. "He tried to hide it from me, how he felt, but I always knew how much it weighed on him. But recently, I don't know what he's thinking or feeling. I can't read him anymore, he's different. Irrational. Temperamental. I used to know him so well that I could pretty much gauge his next move based on his face, the twitch of his jaw, the furrow of his brow, but I feel like I don't know him at all."

"I'm sorry, baby." He mumbled and she chuckled a little, making his eyebrows pinch. "What?"

"You're gonna start calling me that all the time now, aren't you?" She picked her head up to look at him. "Because I told you I like it."

"Oh, absolutely." He nodded. "So, get used to it, baby." She smiled at him before leaning forward and pressing her lips against his. He pulled back, resting his forehead against hers, a small smile on his lips as he tucked her hair behind her ear. "You are amazing."