𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐲𝐚𝐫𝐝

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter nineteen ―― graveyard

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter nineteen ―― graveyard

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE GRIPPED THE SIDES of Daryl's leather vest as they made their way down the road on his motorcycle – technically it was Merle's, but neither had really mentioned him since they left the city

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE GRIPPED THE SIDES of Daryl's leather vest as they made their way down the road on his motorcycle – technically it was Merle's, but neither had really mentioned him since they left the city. They were leading the group down a deserted road, the only cars they still had were the rv, Carol's Cherokee, Mason's black Chevy, and the motorcycle – they were trying to cut back on gas usage. Charlie had been wanting to ride with Daryl more times than not and he didn't mind all that much.

He leaned back a little, letting his left arm drop from the handlebars and rest against her leg for a moment. He'd done it a few times and she assumed it was because it was uncomfortable to keep his arms up that high for so long. Usually, they were quiet, but he turned his Head a little, keeping his eyes on the road as he spoke. "Why'd you wanna ride with me?" He asked, over the sound of the motor and the winding rushing by.

"I'm avoiding Shane." She told him, her hands tightening around his vest.

"Why?"

"Maybe later." She told him, not really wanting to get into the whole situation with Shane – she had been avoiding him since they left the C.D.C. "Then there's Josh."

"Why you avoiding your boyfriend?"

"We had sex, he's not my boyfriend." She huffed, she knew he had heard her tell Mason that day in the cafeteria so she saw no reason to beat around the bush. "You know, I like riding with you because you don't usually ask questions."

"Sorry, princess." He smirked to himself as he patted her calf and she rolled her eyes as they fell back into a comfortable silence and he moved his hand back to the handle bars. She let her eyes fall closed as she took a breath, letting the sun warm her cheeks that were getting slightly chapped by the wind but she didn't mind. She liked the air and since nearly being locked in and killed, she preferred the open space to a car.

They neared what looked to be a pile up – cars were lined up as far as the eye could see, a big rig had been knocked over and it looked like most cars had been abandoned. He slowed down a little bit and weaved through the cars as she wrapped her arms around his waist as she looked around. She held onto him a little tighter when he turned and made his way back through the cars to the rv. He slowed to a stop and the both looked up at Dale.