𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter twenty-six ―― swimmer

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter twenty-six ―― swimmer

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE LOOKED UP when she heard footsteps approaching her – she still sat under the same tree – and she opened her eyes to see Hershel standing there

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE LOOKED UP when she heard footsteps approaching her – she still sat under the same tree – and she opened her eyes to see Hershel standing there. "What's up, doc?"

"I'd like to take another look at your shoulder." He told her. "Make sure it ain't infected and whatnot."

"Okay." She nodded as she pushed herself up and he leaned down to help her to her feet when she struggled a little. "Does this really make me useless?" She asked once they started towards the house and he looked over at her, his eyebrows creased. "I mean, I know it's serious, I was shot – never been shot before. But does it really mean I can't help look for Sophia?"

"You need your rest." He told her as he held the door open and she stepped into the house. "The body heals itself when you sleep and not getting proper rest hinders the healing process. But, no, you are not useless. I've seen the way you've kept Rick and Lori calm, the way you sat with Carl. The people in your group look up to you, you are so far from useless. Needing a little rest does not make you useless."

"Thanks." She hummed, her eyes on the floor as she sat in a chair and Hershel pulled the bloodied bandage off of her shoulder, making her wince a little.

"How's the pain?" He asked as she carefully took the bandage on the back of her shoulder off and she winced again.

"Manageable." She answered as he looked at the wound, dabbing at it with a cotton ball, she winced again.

"Now the truth."

"Nine." She sighed.

"On a scale of one to ten?"

"Yeah." She nodded, biting her lip when he cleaned the wound and the surrounding area.

"Maggie and Glenn are going on a run to a pharmacy later, we should have some painkillers soon."

"I can manage without 'em for a while." She told him as he put fresh bandages on her shoulder. "Did you stitch up my hand, too?" She asked, lifting her right hand palm up – it was wrapped up. She had noticed the stitches before but she hadn't thought to ask.