𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

Start from the beginning

"You got it." He nodded and he started for the door.

"Wait, you ain't going alone." Charlie stopped him, pulling away from Mason.

"Charlie-" Josh stepped forward.

"I'm not letting him go alone."

"Let's go, princess." Daryl nodded his head and she stepped around Josh, following him out towards the door, Josh let out a huff, dragging his hand over his face.

"Then I'm coming too." He followed after them, the others behind him. "Hey, are you mad at me?" He asked as they stepped out onto the porch, his fingers wrapping around hers.

"No, I'm just-"

"Hey." Daryl called over his shoulder and they walked over to him to see a herd of walkers into the yard, close to the barn.

"What the hell?" Josh muttered and Charlie's hand tightened around his.

"I'm scared, Josh."

"Patricia, kill the lights." Hershel told her, his voice low and she quickly turned to head back into the house.

"I'll get the guns." Andrea turned, following after Patricia.

"Maybe they're just passing by, like the herd on the highway. Should we just go inside?" Glenn asked.

"Not unless there's a tunnel downstairs I don't know about." Daryl told him. "A herd that size will rip the house down."

"Carl's gone." Lori walked out onto the porch and Charlie turned, her eyes wide.

"What?"

"He-He was upstairs. I can't find him anymore."

"Maybe he's hiding." Glenn offered, trying to calm her nerves.

"He's supposed to be upstairs. I'm not leaving without my boy."

"We won't." Charlie told her, chewing on her lip as she tried to come up with a plan. "Uh, take Carol, look again. Look everywhere." She looked between the two women and they nodded before running back into the house as Andrea walked over with the bag of guns. When she dropped it, Charlie squatted down and unzipped it, looking through it as Maggie took two rifles, handing one to Glenn.

"Maggie?"

"You grow up country, you pick up a thing or two." She shrugged as Charlie handed Hershel a gun.

"I got the number – it's no use." Daryl told them, but Charlie kept handing out guns, she made sure Mason and Josh each had one then she checked her own to see how many bullets she had.

"You can go if you want." Hershel told him as he cocked the gun in his hands.

"You gonna take 'em all on?"

"Not by himself." Charlie pushed herself up, looking over at Daryl.

"We have guns. We have cars." Hershel added.

"Kill as many as we can, and we'll use the cars to lead the rest of them off the farm." Andrea stated.

"Are you serious?" Daryl asked, looking from the blonde who was knelt next to the gun back to Hershel, but he avoided looking at Charlie.

"This is my farm. I'll die here."

"I won't beg." Charlie pulled him away from the others. "But this is my home. And I don't mean the farm. This, these people. You. That's my home and I'll die protecting them. So please, help me. We need you and I know I'm asking a lot, we could die but if I have to die, I'm gonna die fighting."