𝐱𝐥𝐢𝐢. 𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜
chapter forty-two ―― randall

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter forty-two ―― randall

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "HEY

ˏˋ°•*"HEY." Daryl looked up as Charlie walked over to him, her hands in the pockets of the jacket she wore - it was in the suitcase of clothes she had found in an abandoned car. "Just wanted to check in." She sat next to him on the porch steps, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"I'm alright." He told her, looking over at her but she just looked at her boots as she flexed her toes ony her boots, making the worn out leather crinkle. "You okay?"

"Yeah." She nodded as she looked over at him, forcing a smile. "I just- nevermind." She stopped herself with the shake of her head. "I don't need to unload all of my crap on you. You don't need that. I'm gonna-" She pushed herself up, but a hand on her bicep stopped her and she turned to look at him.

"I don't mind. You can talk to me. Like I said before, I got ears for a reason."

She gave him a smile before sitting next to him again. "You sure? Don't you have stuff you gotta do to get ready to take Randall off?"

"I do." He nodded. "You could help, tell me what's botherin' you."

"Yeah, okay." She nodded and the two pushed themselves up, heading over to the blue truck and they started loading up the bed with water bottles and other supplies for Randall.

"So, what's goin' on?" He asked, looking over at her and she leaned against the side of the truck as he leaned over the side, moving stuff around.

"The last thing I said to Dale, the last conversation we had, I was mad at him. He just wanted to save someone's life and I just wanted to save us. He said I was like Shane." She scoffed, kicking at the ground. "I hated him for that, I really did." Tears filled her eyes. "But I get it, I was okay with killing a person. Maybe. . . Maybe I am like Shane. And that's a scary thought."

"You aren't anything like Shane." He told her, he looked over at her, but she kept her eyes on the ground and her hands in her pockets.

"Maybe not yet." She mumbled. "But Dale was onto something. This world, the way it is now. We're desensitized, or getting there at least. And I'm scared of what that means for us, as a group and as individuals."