𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Don't do this." Carol told the man that had yet to move from his place next to the fire. "Please. I've already lost my girl." Charlie scoffed, shaking her head, she hated that Carol was using Sophia and her death like that.

"That wasn't my problem either." Daryl huffed as she pushed himself up and turned to face the woman before he walked around her and Carol looked over at Charlie as the girl put the bow over her shoulders so it hung on her back and she had at least one free hand.

"I'll help you look." She told her as she walked past her. "Mason and I can take the truck, check the roads, maybe she broke down somewhere."

"Wasn't under the impression that you cared." Carol called out stopping the girl and Charlie turned to face her, her eyes narrowed.

"She may have been your daughter, but you are not the only one that lost her. I spent everyday with her, I treated her the same way I treat Carl, like they were my kids. I'm not gonna apologize for needing to grieve the loss of a kid that I loved with my entire heart. I'm not gonna apologize for not wanting to run around a town looking for people who can handle themselves. But don't you, for one second, think that I don't care about this group, that's all I care about. And Lori, she was more of a mother to me then my own mom, I probably care about her the more then I do my own brother. So back the hell off." She huffed before turning and making her way down the hill and across the field.

"Mason, me and you are checking the roads." Charlie got his attention when she neared the others. "She may have gone after Rick. I'm thinking she had a problem with the car, best case scenario."

"Yeah, okay." He nodded, making his way through the group towards the truck.

"Where the hell have you been?" Shane asked, but Charlie ignored him and made her way towards the truck as Carol walked over.

"Come on, Josh, you're with us." Charlie called out and the boy quickly made his way to the truck. Charlie stopped when she spotted Carl and she let out a sigh as she made her way over to him, squatting down in front of him. "We're gonna find her, I promise." She leaned up and kissed his cheek and he nodded then she wiped her thumbs over his cheeks, swiping his tears away. "Stay strong, kiddo. Stay close to Dale and T for me, please?"

"Okay." He nodded, his voice a little shaky.

"I'll be back soon." She told him as she stood up, pulling him into a hug before she pulled away and made her way towards the truck.

"Charlie?" Shane nearly shouted but she didn't stop. "Charlie!" She stopped and turned to face him, her jaw clenched. "How do you know she left?"

"Ask Carol." Was all she said before she turned and made her way towards the truck.

>>>>> • <<<<<

ˏˋ°•*⁀"YOU OKAY?" Mason asked, looking over at Charlie as he stopped at the end of the driveway and she nodded. "Charlie?"

"I'm fine."

"Where did you disappear to today?" Josh asked, leaning forward, but the girl just looked out the window.

"I was with Daryl." She answered. "Now drive." She turned her eyes narrowed on Mason and he pulled out onto the road.

"Daryl?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "He doesn't ask questions. And I wasn't in the mood for questions, not after the barn, not after. . . Sophia." She let her eyes fall to her hands before she turned to look at Josh. "I'm sorry I blew you off. I was in a bad mood and I'm not really good company when I'm like that."