𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲

SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter thirty-three ―― go away

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter thirty-three ―― go away

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE SLOWLY PUSHED herself to her feet, fresh tears rolling down her cheeks

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE SLOWLY PUSHED herself to her feet, fresh tears rolling down her cheeks. "You happy now?" She asked her brother before she kicked his side. "Stupid." Another kick. "Bastard." Another kick. "You son of a bitch." She kicked him again with each word, tears streaming down her face. "You-" She was cut off when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her back.

"Stop. Just breathe." Mason whispered next to her ear and she let her body go slack against his as she squeezed her eyes closed, her hand finding his over her stomach. "Just breathe." He repeated, squeezing her hand and Daryl tried to keep Carol from looking as he pulled her to her feet but she shook him off and started back towards camp. He couldn't stop his eyes from moving to Charlie as she leaned into Mason, she didn't make a sound but he could see the shake in her shoulders and the tears running down her cheeks.

"I'm okay." Charlie mumbled, lifting her head off his shoulder. "I'm okay." He slowly removed his arms from the girl, she wiped her cheeks as Shane pushed him off the ground. He dusted off his clothes before wiping the blood from his nose and he glanced at Charlie who had her back to him.

Beth cried, pulling away from Hershel, as she made her way towards the pile of corpses despite the others trying to stop her. Charlie squeezed her eyes closed as she started away from Mason, her feet dragging a little as she clenched her hand at her side. She felt the stitches pinch a little but the worst of the pain came from her knuckles – they were deep shades of red and one had a cut that was bleeding.

"You alright?" Daryl asked, his voice low as he stopped next to her, but before she could answer Beth screamed as the walker that was once her mother grabbed her. Everyone ran over, pulling the blonde from the walker and Charlie rushed towards them, pulling her knife out and stabbing the walker in the eye. It went limp and fell to the dirt when Charlie yanked her knife from his skull. Her hand still shook as she turned and made her way away from them.

"I'm fine." She mumbled, passing Daryl on her way back to camp, her bloodied knife still gripped in her hand. He watched her as she walked away, he knew she wasn't okay but he also wasn't sure if there was anything he could do to make her feel better. Mason stopped, his eyebrows pinched as he looked at Daryl. The older man had yet to look away from Charlie and Mason wasn't sure how he felt about that. When Daryl finally turned Mason could see the worry in his eyes, it wasn't very prominent but it was definitely there.