𝐱𝐱𝐱. 𝐨𝐡, 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter thirty ―― oh, shit

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter thirty ―― oh, shit

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE GRAONED, dropping her head onto the table with a dull thud

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE GRAONED, dropping her head onto the table with a dull thud. She had been sitting at the picnic table by the rv since she woke up because Shane was still being overprotective, even when she argued that even Carl was on his feet and helping out around the farm.

"No, don't do that." Mason patted the back of her head with his free hand as he passed her, a bucket of water in his other hand. "You're gonna hurt yourself. What's the matter?"

"Shane's a dick."

"Tell him to fuck off." He told her. "You didn't have a problem telling him off the other day."

"That was different. I was pissed off and he's made it pretty clear that he doesn't think we'll find Sophia." She lifted her head as he sat next to her, sitting the bucket on the ground. "I just don't know what I have to do to make him see that I can handle myself."

"You could just not listen to him." He offered. "You don't have to sit here. Get up, find something to do that won't put too much stress on her shoulder. You keep listening and he's gonna keep treating you like a kid."

"When did you get so smart?"

"I've always been this smart." He grinned as he pushed himself up. "But seriously, nothing that's gonna hurt your shoulder." He bent over and kissed the top of her head before he picked up the bucket and walked away. Charlie sat there for a minute then she pushed herself up just as Glenn walked by her with a basket.

"Peaches?" He offered, holding the basket out towards her. "Maggie brought them over."

"I love peaches." She hummed as she reached in, she grabbed two and some jerky that she saw. "Tell Maggie I said thanks."

"Sure." He nodded, turned to walk away from her but her eyebrows creased – he didn't seem like himself.

"Uh, Glenn?"

"Yeah?" He turned back to her, adjusting his grip on the backet.

"You okay? You seem fidgety."

"Oh, yeah, I'm-I'm good." He nodded and she narrowed her eyes at him. "Don't look at me like that." He huffed as he turned away from her and she watched as he walked away, offering the others some fruit. Charlie shook her head, tossing one of the peaches into the air before catching it then she started towards Daryl's tent where he was laying on the cot, poking holes in the mesh with an arrow.