𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter twenty-nine ―― yeah, dummy

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE SAT ON THE SWING next to the rv, her knees pulled up to her chest as Mason sat next to her, she had a book in her hands. She chewed on her lip as she turned to page, her brown eyes completely focused on the page and Mason chuckled at the girl as he kept them swinging at a steady rhythm.

"What?" She asked as she looked up from the book, her eyebrows creased.

"I forgot how hyperfocused you get when you read." He hummed, his arm stretched along the back of the swing. "Where'd you find that book anyways?"

"Beth let me borrow it." She closed the book, keeping her thumb between the pages. "She's nice, said I could read as many books as I wanted for as long as we're here. I missed reading."

"I know you have." He patted the top of her head and she swatted at his head before opening her book again but she had only gotten three sentences in when Andrea shouted – she was on watch.

"Walker. Walker!"

"Just the one?" Rick asked, using his hand to block the sun so he could see as he looked across the field and Andrea looked through the binoculars. The other's had moved so they could see, Charlie left the book on the swing and pulled her knife from its sheath.