𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐡𝐮𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐚

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter twenty-eight ―― chupacabra

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE GROANED AS SHE SAT UP, her eyes only half open as she looked around the bed of the truck she and Mason had turned into their own little bed – they had blankets laid out and a few pillows. It was the stuff they had found in the cars on the road just days ago.

"You gave up an actual bed for this." Mason grumbled, rolling away from the girl.

"Why'd you let me do that?" She mumbled, holding her shoulder – even with all the blankets they had laid out it wasn't nearly as soft or as comfortable as the bed they had shared the night before.

"I tried, you don't like to listen." He huffed, letting his eyes fall closed.

"Mornin'." Josh greeted as he walked over to the truck but his smile faded a little when Charlie glared at him. "You are not a morning person, are you?"

"Careful. She's cranky– ow!" He tried to warn the other boy and Charlie elbowed his back. "See? Cranky." He huffed as he sat up, the cover falling from his shirtless torso.

"I hate both of you." Charlie pushed herself up and jumped over the side of the truck without her shoes as she made her way towards the fire Shane had started – she had a blanket around her shoulders.