𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter twenty-seven ―― cherokee rose

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter twenty-seven ―― cherokee rose

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ AFTER GETTING HER HAND stitched back up and her shoulder tended to, Charlie laid in bed

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ AFTER GETTING HER HAND stitched back up and her shoulder tended to, Charlie laid in bed. She was on her back, her eyes on the ceiling as Mason laid next to her, he had fallen asleep and she didn't want to wake him. She knew he needed the sleep and the bed was comfortable, the most comfortable thing either of them had slept on since the world turned. She let out a breath and closed her eyes, but she couldn't find sleep. All she could think about was Shane and the lie he had told that morning. She wanted to know more, but she was a little scared to ask because she wasn't sure how bad the truth was.

She let out a sigh and opened her eyes, shifting a little to get comfortable when her shoulder ached from being in the same position for too long. Then she sat up, swinging her legs over the side of the bed before she pushed herself up, all the movement had woken Mason up and he rubbed his eyes as he pushed himself up against the headboard.

"How long was I out?" He asked as the girl pulled the large flannel Maggie had given to her the day before - she later learned that it had belonged to Otis.

"Ten minutes, maybe." She answered, wincing as she slid her left arm into the sleeve, then she fixed the sling, with her arm tucked to her chest.

"Where you going?" He yawned a little, his head back against the headboard.

"Outside, I wanna be with the others. Talk to Shane. Wait for Daryl."

"Daryl?"

"He went out by himself." She told him as she sat down and slid her feet into her boots - they were a little loose because she hadn't been able to untie them to tie them again, but she didn't mind.

"It's Daryl, he can handle it."

"Doesn't mean I'm not worried." She huffed. "And if you so much as make a face, I will kill you. I care about him, I care about the whole group. I just want everyone to be safe. Is that a bad thing?"

"No." He shook his head, giving her a smile. "It's a good thing. One of the best things, actually. But maybe care for people without putting yourself in harm's way."