𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter twenty-two ―― just worried

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter twenty-two ―― just worried

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE SAT ON THE BLEACHERS of the football field, she had just run her race and placed second

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE SAT ON THE BLEACHERS of the football field, she had just run her race and placed second. She panted slightly, but she wore a smile as she opened her green water bottle before tilting it up. She took down a few gulps before closing the bottle and she looked around at the crowd, hoping she'd see her dad or her mom. She knew it was a long shot, but she always hoped that one day they would show up for one of her track meets. She shook her head a little, her smile fading when she didn't see them. She turned back to the track, ready to cheer on her teammate when a whistle got her attention. She turned and her smile grew as Mason stood with Shane, Rick, and Lori – Lori had a five-year-old Carl on her hip.

"You didn't think we'd miss it, did ya?" Shane asked as the girl pushed herself up and she made her way over to them, wrapping her brother in a tight hug. "You did good, kiddo."

"Thanks, Bubba." She mumbled against his shoulder as he squeezed her a little tighter before pulling back.

"You ran a good race, kid." Rick smiled as he pulled her into a hug and she smiled as she wrapped her arms around his torso. "We're proud of you." He kissed the side of her head before pulling back and she turned to Lori, who wore a smile as she looked at the teenager.

"He stole what I was gonna say." She nudged her husband a little.

"You can tell me again, I don't mind." Charlie told her, getting a laugh from the woman as she wrapped her arm around her.

"I'm so proud of you." She told her and Charlie smiled, hugging the woman as tightly as she could before she pulled back and held her arms out to the kid, he smiled as she jumped towards her.

"You run fast." He told her, his small hand toying with the silver metal that hung around her neck. "Can you show me?"

"Absolutely." She grinned, kissing his cheek. "We can start now." She put him on his feet and he giggled. "Go." She did her best to act as though she was running as she and the kid raced.