𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter twenty-one ―― i'm her friend

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter twenty-one ―― i'm her friend

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE SAT ON THE tool box on the back of the black chevy as she folded a few blankets that had been found

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE SAT ON THE tool box on the back of the black chevy as she folded a few blankets that had been found. She was tired and her ankle was sore so she decided to organize things a little better. Her plan was to put the blankets in the backseat of the truck with the guns while she put the food and what little first aid they had found in the tool box.

"Oh, God. They're back." Glenn stated and Charlie looked up to see Rick and Daryl making their way up the small hill, but Sophia was nowhere to be seen. She dropped the blanket she was folding and jumped over the side of the truck, regretting it immediately but she made her way towards them.

"Her trail went cold." Rick told the worried mother. "We'll pick it up again at first light."

"You can't leave my daughter out there on her own to spend the night alone in the woods."

"Out in the dark's no good." Daryl stated. "We'd just be tripping over ourselves. More people get lost."

"But she's twelve. She can't be out there on her own." She cried and Lori walked over, trying to comfort her. "You didn't find anything?"

"I know this is hard. But I'm asking you not to panic." Rick told her. "We know she was out there."

"And we tracked her for a while." Daryl added, hoping to make the woman feel better.

"We have to make this an organized effort." Rick looked around at everyone. "Daryl knows the woods better than anybody. I've asked him to oversee this."

Carol looked over at the man with the crossbow, her eyes on his clothes. "Is that blood?"

"We took down a walker."

"Walker? Oh my God."

"There was no sign it was ever anywhere near Sophia." Rick tried to calm her down.

"How can you know that?" Andrea asked and Rick looked over at Daryl.

"We cut the son of a bitch open, made sure." Daryl answered.