𝐱𝐱. 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter twenty ―― i don't leave people

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter twenty ―― i don't leave people

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ IT FELT LIKE IT HAD BEEN FOREVER

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ IT FELT LIKE IT HAD BEEN FOREVER. Charlie had tears in her eyes but she kept the back of her hand – the hand that was injured – pressed to her mouth to keep herself from making a noise. She could no longer make out the sounds around her, she wasn't sure if the walkers were gone or not, but she refused to move. Her head had begun to pound as she squeezed her eyes closed. Then she jumped when the tarp was pulled back, swinging her arm out a little as she squinted against the sun.

"Damn, princess." Daryl huffed upon seeing the state the brunette was in and she let her arm fall when she heard his voice. "Charlie? Hey, you alright?"

"Can't. . . breathe." She shook as he sat her up before lifting himself into the bed of the truck. He squatted down beside her, his blue eyes concerned as she reached for him.

"Charlie?" Mason rushed over, stopping when he saw the way she shook, even as her hands fisted around Daryl's vest. "Hey, hey, hey. You're okay." He rushed over and let the tailgate down before he lifted himself up into the bed with the other two. "Charlie." But she didn't pull away from the man in front of her.

"Said she can't breathe." Daryl told him, holding her to him because he wasn't sure what else to do or how to help her.

"She has panic attacks." Mason told him. "Uh, get her to count to ten."

"Me?"

"Can you not count that high?" He mumbled. "Just do it." Mason told him and he nodded. "I'm gonna get Shane." He jumped down and went off to find the oldest Walsh as Daryl looked down at Charlie – he wasn't sure what to do or how to get her to count to ten.

"Hey, princess, I need you to count." He spoke and she nodded, not lifting her head from his chest. "One."

"One." She repeated, her eyes closed, her fists still gripping his vest.

"Two."

"Two." She took a breath. "Three. Four." Another breath. "Five. Six. Seven." She took another breath but it was less shaky. "Eight. Nine. Ten." She relaxed against him, her hands shaking slightly but she had visibly calmed down. "Thank you." She breathed out and he patted her back a little.