18th birthday

Narrated pov

The water was crystal and clear on a beautiful sunny morning. A male and female mermaids swim together with a jellyfish cake to one of the double doors. The female cracks on door open to peak through seeing a sleeping red echidna with a Pearl white tail and red fins. "Ok she's still asleep let's go in quietly." She said and the male nods. They quietly enter the room and closer to the bed where the mermaid slept. They took a deep breath and— "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They shouted and she bolts up. "Ducking g Neptune you two!!!" She yelled holding her chest. "Happy birthday Knucklina" they said. "Thank you Tiki. Thank you Stone" she smiled and takes the cake. "So what's the plans for today?" Her sister asked. "Just the usual exploring with Blaze." She said taking a bite. "Well don't stay out too late father is throwing a ball for your birthday." Stone said. "I told him no I didn't want a party ugh!" Knucklina scoffed setting her cake downand swam up to her satchel. "Well I'm mean it's your 18th birthday and you know it's mandatory little sister." Tiki said. "Still but whatever I'll be there" she said and swam to the bath area to freshen up her scales and comb her long red hair. "I swear she is stubborn like dad." "I know"

Knucklina's pov

"Ow ow come on" I growled having a hard time getting a knot out of my hair. "Well this is a bad sign" I sighed. "Having trouble?" I looked over seeing my best friend Blaze swim up to me. "Yeah... when did you get here?" I asked as she picked up the comb and gently brushed the knots. "Not long about 10 minutes ago your sister said you be in here." She said and I felt her braiding two sides of my hair keeping the rest down. "Neptune I envy your hair." She chuckles and I roll my purple eyes. "Anyways where are we going today another wreck?" She asked and placed a sea flower in my hair. "Actually I—" "Good morning my daughter happy birthday" I turn seeing my father smiling. "Hello father and thank you." I said a-bit coldly. "I'm guessing your siblings told you?" "Yes I told you didn't want a party mandatory or not" I huffed. "I understand but every royal must celebrate big birthdays. Just like your sister and brother." He said and I roll my eyes making him sigh before he placed a box on the vanity where I sat. "You're mother wanted to give this to you on your birthday" he said changing the subject. I quickly opend the box seeing a note from my mother making me smile before pulling out a stunning silver seashell necklace with my name engraved on it. I noticed a latch and open the shell seeing engraving inside saying "Never stop following your heart" inside. I smiled closing it and put the necklace on before hugging my father. "Thank you" I said. "You're welcome now swim along but don't be late." He said and I grab my bag before me and Blaze swam out.

Once we were far enough from the castle I smiled at blaze. "What are you planning?" She asked. I pulled out a werid item that was brown and black and she tilts her head. "What is that?" "I don't know but I know someone who does" I said and started swimming away. "Who?!" Blaze hollered after me. We had no idea we were being watch from a bubble orb in a dark cave somewhere in the sea.

"Oh my darling~ now that you are 18 I can finally make plans to make you mine~" a male voice smiled.