(20): Suspicious

No one's POV:

Sabito had seen Muichiro passing by them. Shinobu also seemed to notice, as she stopped talking to Sabito for a while. Just for him to walk pass them.

Was he heading towards Tomioka's estate?
"Ara~ ara~ Tokito-kun must be going to Tomioka-san." She stated.

Sabito smiled. "Tokito..? The Mist hashira righ-" The newly water pillar tried to say, but was immediately cut off by the female in front of him. "I'm not done talking to you" A tick mark evident on her face.

"Sabito-san~ answer my question. You know fully well I'm onto whatever your doing." Shinobu said looking up to meet the male's eyes.
She's just extremely short.
"I don't know what you're on about. I'll be taking my leave now insect pillar."
And with that he walked away, before completely disappearing.

Shinobu had realized something, and her smile wavered.

"The new water pillar.....is suspicious"
•| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |•

After all the members of the 12 Kizuki introduced themselves. Giyuu couldn't help, but feel out of place.
Out of embarrassment. He let his eyes wander around, before he caught something unusual.

Giyuu looked at the Lowermoon curiously
"Rui was it?" He stepped down, and walked towards the boy.
Rui had looked up confused, before he finally recognized the demon, or in his eyes the Hashira.

He was also able to notice that this in fact was not Muzan. Muzan had blood red eyes. While this demon had the kanji of upper rank 0. Rui looked surprised.

So that's what Muzan meant when he told him that...an upper rank of such power would come.
He lifted himself up, still sitting.

"Yes, I'm Rui." He said looking up to meet the upper rank's eyes.
Giyuu just stared at him confused, before he went back to his usual stoic expression with a slight barely visible hint of anger.

"Oh right...I remember you...did you not die?"
'Was it an illusion? How did he survive?'

• | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | •

Yuichiro raised a brow at muichiro's sudden words. "Why'd you call me that. 'Nii-san'?"

Muichiro looked surprised and shook his head. "I don't know..."
He placed a hand on the side of his head, looking confused and shocked.

"Something's not adding up...Are we related, we must be...? I'm not dumb enough to just put aside how we look alike and you just call me that." Yuichiro walked over to Muichiro and put his hand on the boy's shoulder. "...I think...-"

Yuichiro started to think about it, he looked in slight shock. "...yeah, brother... you're my younger brother... Muichiro Tokito... the boy that I jumped in front of and took the blow for..."

•| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |•

Giyuu stared at Rui for a while longer. He then remembered Tanjiro's words...

'...lowermoon five..?'

If not for the strong presence entering the room, Giyuu would've started to question the demon even more, and Rui might've been forced to answer.
All the demons instantly bowed at the sight of the Demon King. Giyuu was the only one still standing. He wouldn't deny, seeing Muzan again so suddenly was quite a fright for him, especially after knowing Muzan was dead set on absorbing him before Kokushibo stepped in.

Giyuu turned around and looked over at Muzan. His expression being neutral as Muzan stared at him. He felt he should be bowing as well since he's a demon standing in the presence of someone recognized as his kind's ruler.
That meant nothing.
The only person he'd ever lower his to is, Ubuyashiki.

The air thinned, it felt like a staring battle between two powerful forces. Even upper rank one could feel the tension.

'What an eventful day this will be.' Douma thought as he watch the battle. He was more than aware Muzan had heard it though.

"Kibutsuji." Giyuu spoke. 'Why's he here.'

"Why am I here? Those were your words. I should be asking that to you." Muzan said, his words filled with malice as he talked. The usual.

•| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |•

Shinobu sighed steadily as she walked back to her estate. Her heart hurt, not because of the poison, something more. She felt hurt, not because of her sister, something more. She felt bad, not because of Nezuko...something more... She felt an overwhelming pain...all because of one person, one hashira...one friend...

She continued to smile as she held onto these continued feelings. As her mansion came into her vision, she didn't fail to miss Tanjiro running around the estate, doing his daily solo rehabilitation training.

Just seeing Tanjiro hard at work pleased her. She walked into her estate, making sure to take off her Zori sandals before fully entering. She had a lot of work ahead of her... And a lot of questions she needs to ask a few people....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually forgot this was in my drafts.