Part 4 - A

Part 4 - A

Virat ran as fast as he could. He was out of breath, his lungs were burning, but he could not give up right now. He had to get to Sai. Suddenly, he stopped in his track. He saw Sai's silhouette from afar. She was walking aimlessly. He felt a surge of relief seeing her safe and sound. He was about to bolt to her when he noticed a strange vehicle approach her. His eyes widened and fear settled in once more. He did not waste a second. He rushed to her and was about to reach her when he saw her being pulled in the van by a hand. He felt his heart still. He couldn't breathe. "No, no, noo..I can't let this happen" he chanted shaking his head. Just as the van was about to leave, he managed to grab the rear end and latch onto it. His eyes caught Sai's before she lost consciousness. He tried getting a better grip on the van when his hand caught the trunk, which slightly opened to his touch. He saw a ray of hope, silently thanking god for this miracle. He sneakily slid in the back and hid behind the seats, halting his movements.

"Han sir, ladki humare paas hai " he heard a voice say on the phone. His blood boiled, feeling anger simmer deep within.

He clenched his jaw, controlling the urge to pummel these men. It felt like forever before the vehicle stopped moving and they arrived. His hands itched to hold Sai in his arms and run far away, however he was helpless. He was laying flat in the trunk trying his best to process what was happening. Finally, he heard some ruckus.

"Isko kamre me lekar jao, jaldi" he heard a man say. He dared to peek from the window and saw Sai in the arm of one of the man.

He waited for them to leave before he stealthily escaped the van. Surprisingly, he was able to enter the building without much trouble. He was restless as he silently walked around, trying to figure out where they took Sai.

All of a sudden, lights opened around him, blinding him for a moment. He put his hands up in front of his face, shielding himself from it. Suddenly, he saw a form appear in front of him.

Dread settled in when he heard a strange man standing in front of him with a smirk, say " Ah. Virat...Welcome.. !"

"Tumhara hi intezaar tha..."

"You are so predictable" he added chuckling.

Virat clenched his fist, realizing it was a trap ! His nostril flared and he berated himself for reacting impulsively.

The man turned around, meddling with a remote control, making a screen lit up in front of him. There she was, lying on a bed, tied up and blindfolded. It was his Sai.

His anger erupted instantly. He was about to charge the man, but he was held back. He could not see Sai like this. He closed his eyes feeling helpless. He tried getting out of the tight hold on him, but to no avail.

He gathered his thoughts as it hit him that they were SOLD. Their parents sold them. They might have never been genuine, but he still felt betrayed.

"You will regret this" Virat whispered, teeth clenched.

The man chuckled again.

"Tsk tsk, you are in no place to threaten me boy"

"Take him to the cell" he said authoritatively to his men as they dragged an unwilling Virat away.

He glanced at the screen one last time, watching her bound and lifeless body on the filthy bed. He prayed for her wellbeing. "Please don't let anything happen to her bappa. She's just an innocent child..."