-

"Oh, Hey Troye!" I saw Marcus call out from the table. Troye smiled and moved towards the table. I followed in his footsteps. We got into our usual spots at our table. However, where Alfie and Zoe sat, Joe and Caspar took their spots. I sat next to Caspar with Troye on my right.

"So, you must be Connor. We never formally met. I'm Caspar if you didn't know already." He said with a smile. He had nice, blonde hair.

"Hi." I said with a smile back. I dug into my food that I got from the breakfast line.

"So Casp, how was your first day at the camp?" Troye asked, his mouth half full of food.

"It was definitely eventful. But, I feel like I am close friends with everyone at the camp already." He said, stuffing a pancake in his mouth.

"I'm gonna have to agree with that." Troye said, looking at me after. I blushed a little bit. Although, he was right. I felt like Troye was a long lost best friend of mine.

Breakfast went on with just the usual conversation and story telling. Joe and Caspar were noticeably quiet. I know that there is slight tension between Joe and Troye, but I think it's already be resolved.

"Do you guys know where Alfie and Zoë are?" I heard Caspar speak up. That is actually a good question. I haven't seen Zoë and Alfie since last night's dinner. I turned to look at Marcus and Troye. The latter looked down at his food while the former was about to answer, but Troye slightly elbowed Marcus.

"I don't know where they are. I haven't sen them since last night." Troye answered. He then looked back down at his food. The interaction was strange and awkward. Caspar just huffed and went back to eating. Breakfast then ended a few minutes later. Caspar and Joe left first, then tailed by Tanya, Dan, and Phil. Marcus then got up and left. There was only two of us.

"Alright Troye, what happened last night?" I finally asked. He dropped his fork and turned to me. HIs face was really serious and concerning me.

"Nothing happened. I just had a run-in with Joe's sister. That's it. If Joe finds out Zoë is pissed at me...well, I don't really know what will happen, but I'd like to keep it away from Joe. It's not the time to let Joe find out things with his close friends and family. By the way, are we still gonna have Alfie and Joe separate?"

"It's probably for the best. Joe is a loose cannon. Anything can happen when he's around." I added in, which was true. While I know that he is beginning to calm down, I don't wanna risk anything around Joe.

Troye and I stood up and exited the mess hall. We walked side by side in silence, breathing in the fresh morning air. While it was a Monday, it felt like a Saturday.

We entered the cabin to find Tyler in the center of the cabin, along with Marcus and Joe. Tyler welcomed us as we sat at our respective beds.

"Alright guys, today, we are assigned by our schedule to go canoeing down Waukegan River! It is a six mile trip down the river. I have lunches packed already with water bottles. About halfway, we'll stop for lunch. Does anyone have any questions?" Nobody raised their hands.

"Alright! It is 9:55 right now, so join me on the bus in the circle drive in five!" He said, then skipping out the door.

"You two can have a canoe. I'll share with Joe." Marcus said. He winked at me after he said it. I know he didn't want to share a canoe with the guy who beat him up. I don't know, maybe they already kissed and made up.

"Come on Connor. Let's get on the bus." Troye got up and motioned outside. I obliged and followed him outside. I walked down the steps and caught up with him.

"You excited?" Troye asked me.

"Kinda. I've never been canoeing." I added.

"It's pretty fun. I went with Steele once."

"Is Steele a model or something? Tyler knows him, Alfie, Korey, Marcus."

"I have no idea. Apparently, I have a reputation to compete with." Troye said, chuckling a bit. I chuckled along with him, seeing no way to respond. We walked on for a bit longer, just passing the mess hall.

"Do you remember yesterday when you asked how I found my orientation?" I heard him question. My heart dropped slightly. I looked up at him, which he was looking at me.

"Uhh...yeah I do." I said unevenly.

"Well, it was a long, overdue realization. I noticed that there was something different about me when I was younger. I couldn't quite pinpoint it. But, I realized I was gay about three years ago. The rest is history." He said.

"Why did you ask in the first place?" He questioned.

"I don't know..." I said, feeling shy and embarrassed. He could probably figure out why, but I was still happy he acknowledged and answered the question. It made me feel a bit better about my situation. Troye didn't reaspond to me. He just fell silent.

We made it to the circle drive where we saw Tyler inside chatting with Glozell inside a small white bus. Troye and I climbed aboard and sat in the middle row on the right. Troye had the aisle seat. I was lucky enough to have the window. I looked out, seeing Joe and Marcus approach the bus. All of a sudden, I felt a hand on my knee. I looked over to see Troye with a sympathetic look on his face.

"I'm here for you, you know. I know what it's like." Troye said, beginning to rub his thumb on my knee.

"What are you talking about?" I said, my voice cracking slightly.

"Con, why else would ask me how I found myself to be gay?" He spoke. My heart dropped. My palms immediately got sweaty. I began to dart my eyes across his face.

"Connor, calm down. It's ok. It must be tough right now. But, I just want you to know that I'm here." Troye said, giving me a small smile.

Did I just come out to a person?

"Oh-ok..." was al I could muster. The bus lurched a bit when Joe and Marcus to on board. They sat a row in front of us. I was nearly in tears as Tyler stepped towards us.

"Let's go canoeing!!!!" He yelled as everyone except me hollered and scream. I was still in shock of what transpired just now.

The bus made a circle around the circle drive and pulled out of the camp.

___________________________________

A/N: Hey guys.
Sorry, this update is short and way ovedue. I'm sorry it took awhile. I had a few things pop up.

SORRY FOR ANY SPELLING OR GRAMMAR MISTAKES.

WE HIT 5K!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH!!!

Q: Mac or PC?
I'm a Mac. It has the musical capabilities that I want and need.

I think that's all I have so...
COMMENT
FAVORITE
LOVE IT
I love you guys, my Funsized Fratatas!
-Dyl ❤️