Chapter 16 - The Emergence

Start from the beginning

Anaynah opened her eyes to a sight that made her quiver in shock Her skin was shimmered in the dappled light, as if it was sheathed in millions of scales. Her fingers had elongated into claws. Her eyes welled with tears in terror, eyes which now shone a bright gold

And then, with a final burst of energy,
the Dragon Emerged.

It burst out of her chest, wings unfurling as it let out a deafening roar.
However, no longer was Anaynah in her own mind. She was now the Dragon, the Dragon was now her.

The Prophecy had come true.

The Dovahkin had Emerged.

_______

The Elves had finally begun to drive the Orcs out of the city. As the sun began to set, Lord Elrond had hope instilled into his heart that they may soon emerge victorious in protecting this small farming city of men.
Unbeknownst to them, their victory was not to last.

A shock of thunder surged through the air, causing the ground to rumble at their feet. Elrond looked up to the sky, however, no storm clouds covered the sky. His brows frowned in confusion.

Once more it sounded, but this time he knew this was no thunder.

A deafening roar consumed the air, causing every soul to tremble in apprehension. Elrond's gaze finally fell upon the large silhouette, soaring towards them at a rapid pace.
There was no doubt now.

"DRAGON!"

The Dragon was magnificent, with scales that glittered in the light and wings that spanned out at an incredible width

Elrond leapt for cover as he watched in horror the Dragon swooping down, its throat and gut blazing gold as the fires within it heated with unimaginable heat.

It set ablaze the city.

  The structures fell and the flames engulfed the wood, causing it to crumble into naught but char and ash

Bloodcurdling screams from men, women and children rung out through the night.
Skin sizzled and burnt, bodies trampled, bones crushed as those attempted to flee for their lives.