𝟷𝟽| 𝙾𝚗 𝙷𝚒𝚖🦋

"And as much as I love the feeling, I hate it, it gets me frustrated. Wanna say just how I feel but don't know how you would take it. Why do you do what you do to me?"

Chapter Theme Song: 'Butterflies' by Queen Naija.

ꔣꔣ

Tianna

"Hi there," Baxton leans himself against the locker adjacent to mine. "What's up?"

"Oh, hey." I smile, "Just loading my locker."

"Can we talk?"

"Uh, sure, yeah."

"You staying for the concert after school?"

"I don't know." I grin a little, "Why, are you staying?"

"Nah, I have to head over to a friend's. He has a studio and everything, but I... wanted to spend some time with you. Are you in a hurry to go home?"

I shake my head and shut my locker. "Well, no. I don't have anything to do, really. I mean sometimes I pick my little brother up from school, but my mom's doing it today, so I'm free."

"Cool, cool, so meet me under the tent behind the gymnasium after school." He smiles and adjusts his bag up his shoulder. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah, it is, cool..." I shift from one foot to the next.

He chuckles a little at my nervousness and prims his lips. "So...see you then."

"Yeah, see you then."

And he laughs again as he bobs his head and turns around. I'm not the only one who's nervous.

Did Jawayne say something to him?

I shut my locker.

••

Tianna: I'm under the tent behind the gymnasium.

Chrissy: I'm braiding my hair. Will come soon. What are you doing back there, though? I thought you hated the smell of the canteen food.

Tianna: Waiting on Bax😊

Chrissy: Oh :0 okay, okay, I see you girl.

I roll my eyes.

Chrissy: Good choice, he's nice <3

"Did I have you waiting too long?" A voice says, and I lock my phone as said boy lowers himself on the bench beside me.

"Uh, no, just got here." I smile.

"Cool, cool. I bought us snacks—"

"Yo, Bax!" A guy calls from somewhere across from us. I look up to see a guy standing at the entrance to the school's canteen.