𝟣𝟧| 𝙸𝚗 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝚁𝚘𝚘𝚖♥︎

"You cut me open. And it's draining all of me."

Chapter Theme Song: 'Bleeding Love' by Leona Lewis.

♥︎♥︎

Tianna

Ding.

The sill bell chimes as we step through the doors of the diner.

"There she is," Chrissy whispers in my ear, and I focus my attention on where she's looking. The diner girl.

Jawyane lifts his hand in greeting to the girl, who's behind the counter with a brooding expression stamped on her face.

Comically, he pouts his lips and crinkles his forehead and it's enough to get a laugh out of her. Smiling at his playful gesture, she shakes her head and continues to swab the table.

Jawayne said she sits his dog on some occasions. I haven't told Chrissy that piece of information. Haven't gotten the chance to, and I'm skeptical about causing a rift between them.

"Jawayne." Chrissy tugs at his arm, extra lovingly. "Let's sit in the back, yeah?" She muses, trailing her hand up his arm. He put on his shirt, despite his tattoo artist's instructions, because he can't be half-naked in a public eatery.

"Sure. If that's where you'd be comfortable." He responds to her, and I rub my arms in unease. I'm sort of glad, it was hard seeing his equally hard chest.

"You alright, T?" Jawayne asks me as I slide into the seating booth. They sit across from me in the adjacent seats.

"Tianna is probably tired," Chrissy adds, and I see her eyes go to the diner girl again.

"I'm good." Is my response, "Just thinking about that Math homework that I have little to no clue about."

"Mm. Math...that's my strong suit." Jawayne comments.

"Is it?"

"Tssss..." He winces, gently removing Chrissy's arm. "Babe, please..."

"I'm just hugging you." She frowns.

"I know; I'm sorry, but it hurts when you do that. I just had it done less than an hour ago." Then he sighs when she appears sullen. "I'm sorry." And he gently places his arm around her neck, leaning over to peck her on the cheek.

"Is there another reason you don't want to hug me?"

"Like what?" Jawayne is befuddled, his brows scrunching as he stares at her under his long eyelashes. He's so tall that he still has to look down at her though they're both seated.

"I don't know," Chrissy responds, and her lips press down into a thin glossy line.

I try to subtly bounce her beneath the table. They're bound to fight if she doesn't try to keep her emotions under wrap.