𝟣𝟣| 𝖲𝗈𝖿𝗍 𝖬𝗎𝗌𝗂𝖼

"The way you think about me when you're alone."

Chapter Theme Song: 'My Luv' by Rini ft. Bibi Bourelly.

𖦊

Flashback

Then

Grade Six

"Okay, so you'll need to get a partner for this project. You can choose whoever you like."

I fiddle with the edge of my book, slanting my body against the chair I'm sitting on. Looking around the classroom, I spot the eyes of Jawayne. He's laughing with a friend of his, his elbow rested on said friend's chair. His eyes look lighter because of the sun pouring into the class.

As though he senses my gaze, his eyes slide to mine.

Jerking in my seat, my face becomes a bright rosy color as I turn my eyes ahead, popping open my textbook and hiding behind the soft back. I grit my teeth. Stop staring, idiot...

Slightly, my eyes lift from over my book enshroud, finding his eyes still fixed on me. He was skinnier then. Equally as handsome though his face was less angular than it is now.

His head jerks to me, a smile tugging at his lips. "Hi." He mouths.

My head whips behind me, wondering if he's greeting someone else. When my sheepish eyes return to his, my glasses perched on my nose, his focus is back to his friend who is showing him something in his exercise book.

"Okay, get your group members for tomorrow!" Ms. Corla announces before packing up the resources scattered around her desk.

Swallowing, I grab my backpack and stuff my things inside.

I stand at my locker, loading my science textbook into the space. My eyes drift behind the metal storage, and I see Jawayne making his way towards me.

My mouth falls open in a gasp.

Is he gonna ask me why I kept staring at him in class?

Our eyes locked, and my throat locked up. Nervously, I shove my bag with my P.E. sneakers into the metal stacker and slam it closed.

Quickly, I spin on my heels and practically begin to run from the hall. Only to bump into one of the boys along the aisle.

I feel my body go down in slow motion, my books falling to the floor. So did I. I sit on my jeans-butt, wincing at the ache of the fall.

Then I smell him.

Jawayne kneels down and grabs my exercise book with several stickers plastered on the front. Barbies, random numerals, and a paste of Justin Bieber with his arm around Selena Gomez.

"Yours?" Jawayne asks, and I keep my mouth sealed to hide my braces.

"T-thanks." I grab it from his hand and hug it to my chest. My eyes take him in up close. His lips...I wouldn't have been able to forget how his lips looked up close. They reminded me of raspberries. The red ones.

I watch as they move. "Do you need help?"

"N-no."

"I wanted to ask you something."

I tense. Is it about how I've been staring at him?

"Do you..."

"Excuse me!" I get up off the floor, quickly walking away before he could ask what I assumed he wanted to ask.