5| 𝙸𝚌𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑

"You make me feel like a teenager in love. And you make me feel like I'll be forever young."

Chapter Theme Song: 'Teenager In Love' by Madison Beer.

••

||Tianna

"Tiana!" Chrissy smiles as she jogs up to my side at school.
"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." I hike my bag up my shoulder. "Why?"

"Nothing, it's just you haven't texted back inside of the group. How's things with...Jawayne." She whispers the last bit. "Have he mentioned anything about the diner girl?"

Oh, shit. Jawayne came by my house last night and I forgot to investigate for her.

"Um, no, not yet." I dodge a running boy in the aisle.

She smiles and bounces me. "Then get on with it. We need to know."

I smile. "I'm on it."

"Good morning!"

My stomach flips like I'm riding on a roller coaster as Jawayne appears behind us. He throws his arm around Chrissy's neck, smiling over at me.

"Good morning, TT."

Chrissy smiles openly. "Where did you even get that nickname from?"

"Said it on a whim." He grins, and I smell the toothpaste on his breath. "But I asked her first if it was fine." He bites his lip and playfully shove Chrissy's hood over her head. She pushes it down and shoves him. I smile.

"Yeah, her. You didn't ask me..." Chrissy frowns, but she's still smiling. "You like that nickname, TT?" She asks me.

I smile a little, clutching my thick, green notes binder to my chest. "It's alright."

Jawayne grins toothily and looks over at me. "Exactly. It's sweet."

"You're sweet." Chrissy grins. "Follow me to class?"

"Sure, princess."

I swallow. "Later, guys!" I quickly walk away to Geography before my heart can remind me of my dilemma.

••

I find my usual spot in Geography class, and not long after, Jawayne walks in. As soon as he sees me in the mid-row, he grins big.

I blush hard and try to hide it by resting my elbow on the table and pressing a fist to my cheek.

He passes by me and sits at the back where he always sits.

Mr. Roster, our teacher, comes in in no time, and gets down to business. "Okay, today we'll be focusing on..."

And he starts a boring drone of lecture about mountains and valleys and seas. My, my, my, I am about to fall asleep.

But then my phone jerks inside of my bag, and I'm tempted to look at it. Ciara who sits in front of me hides me from Mr. Roster with her pretty big hairdo. I wet my lips, keeping my eyes on my boring teacher as I slip my phone from my bag.

J: 😴

I almost burst out laughing and perch a fist over my mouth to hide it.

Glancing at my teacher again, I tap a reply beneath the desk.

T: Ikr. So boring!