03-Note

"I think its the radio," I assumed.

"Want me to join?" Jay asked and I heard a slapping sound behind me as I started climbing up the stairs. "No, I'm fine,"

I went to the communications room at the fourth floor. This building was build like a secret military building. It has an underground weapon vault. They had AI practice room, like you will fought with real people but its not, it also had a communications room directly to the military, I don't even know why my father insisted me on training combat here. I always felt like I was trained to be a secret agent or something.

Once I enter the room, the CCTV were all still functioning, luckily the power still working here. The buzzing sound came from an old radio. I tried adjusted the antenna to stop the buzzing sound.

A knocked came at the door.

"I said I'm fine," I said without looking at who was it.

"Do you feel like talking?" a familiar soft voice suddenly spoke.

I turned around and saw Vinnie leaning at the door frame. Her sleeveless black top made she look like the hot daughter of a mafia family. Her tight leggings perfectly hugged her curves. Her hair tied in a bun compliment her facial features.

"Are you secretly checking me out?" she asked again. I who was embarrassed by it turned around and quickly tried to adjusting the radio antenna again.

I once fell in love with Vinnie on fourth grade. I knew she didn't have the same feelings as me. I did confessed to her one day but as expected she rejected me. Vinnie always dressed in tomboy style but she never mentioned or talked about girls or boys with me. It's like she didn't interested in having a relationship. I got myself boyfriends to get over her and it did. I tried to be straight as a ruler. No one knew that I'm a bisexsual except Vinnie and Valentina.

"Hey, are you still mad at me?" Vinnie asked the third question already, waking me from my trance.

"Mad?" I replied raising my voice, still not looking at her. I could feel the rage inside me grew. "No, I was disappointed that you willing to kill me if I was bitten by Zombies. You willing to let me die becau-,"

She hugged me from behind. Her hands wrapped around me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't meant to," she sighs and her hands tightens around me. "I panic just now a-and I didn't want to lose you to those Gaunts, because I care about you,"

My eyes went wide. I turned around in her arm to face her. Our faces inches apart, I could feel her breath on my face.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confused as well by her statement. Her eyes travel on my face, to both of my eyes then down to my lips. "You thought by hugging me, you'd be apologised? No,"

"Maybe," she replied, rolling her eyes. She crossed her arm.

"You're so full of yourself,"

"Since when you're into beads?" Vinnie suddenly asked changing the subject while taking my left hands. My boyfriend gave me a brown beads bracelet for lucky charm on my birthday.

"Aaron gifted it to me," I replied not looking to her. She let go of my hand. "He said its a lucky charm,"

Vinnie sigh and walk to the shelves. Her eyes examine the old cassettes along the shelves.

"Guess he isn't so lucky then," Vinnie said. I was confused by her reaction.

"Why you said that?" I asked angrily. She always made a face whenever I mentioned about Aaron.

"He may be dead by now given to his physical state," she replied. "Why do you even like him? He doesn't match your qualities at all. A nerd and a weak kid,"

"Leave,"

"Look, he's not even he‐,"

"I said leave," I cut her off, I tried to sound as calm as possible. We shouldn't fight like children in this situation. We instead should work together.

I grabbed Vinnie's wrist and bring her outside when she didn't move. She was shocked by my attitude. I have never shown my anger towards Vinnie before because once I'm angry towards a person, it will last longer than my life. I looked at her before I closed the door.

"He could do better than you," I closed the door and went back to the old radio.

I took deep breaths. Anger was replaced by guilt inside me. I shouldn't talk to her like that when she was the one who saved my life. I shouldn't let my emotions control me. I should apologize to her. My hand hit the antenna a little to hard when I stand up. The radio stop buzzing and a deep raspy voice could be heard.

" ...all netizen will move to...as per order, every person would only be...evacuation start tomorrow...soldiers will guide you all to the designated evacuation center...please be alert...may all of us be safe in the hands of God..."

I couldn't heard it properly. All I heard was there an evacuation going on. I was about to head outside when my eyes catch a piece of torn paper on the table under a red thick file. The paper looked new and expensive. I read the paper.

Dear Mr.S

The Serum that you asked ha...
delivered to the aca...
We'll wait you a...

I couldn't understand it at all because half of it was missing. I tried to find the half of it around the table and under the files. No sign of it. I looked at the back of the paper.

Z-21

What does this mean? A serum? A code? My thoughts were interrupted when I heard noises from downstairs. I shut off the radio to get better hearing, the noises stop. Then it something like a metal crashing with another metal was heard. I quickly ran out of the room to the stairs.

At the end of the stairs, I saw Jay and Sandra sitting on the floor, mouth covered with tape, hands tied to their backs with four more people stood around them.

"Hey!" I called out, when I felt someone hit my head from the back.

Apocalypse : The Outbreakजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें