"And the baby" maa asked, the doctor smiled

"Baby is also fine"

"All thanks to Allah" dadi said

"Indeed" I mumbled.

"Can I see her?" I asked

"No one can meet her right now. We have given her medicine, so that she sleeps well, it will help her in the recovery. The danger is gone now, you all should leave now and can return in the morning" the doctor said

"We can't leave her alone" maa said

"I respect your emotions, but not all of you can stay in the hospital, just one or two of you" he said and left.

"Doctor is right dadi, all of you should leave now, I'll stay with Reem" I said

"You should be the first one to leave from here" Ayesha taunted at me, I looked at her in surprise.

What's the matter with her?

"Ayesha is right, Izhaan. Go home and freshen up, you can come back later. You have taken a lot of stress today" Athar said

"I'm not leaving Reem alone" I said and I swear I heard Ayesha scoffing, but nobody else seemed to notice it.

"Ok! As you want buddy" he patted my shoulder.

"Ayesha, go home with everyone" Athar said to Ayesha

"You are kidding, right? You think I will leave Reem?" She raised her eyebrows, he sighed.

Athar, me and Ayesha stayed at the hospital while everyone else left, dad was adamant to stay, but I told him to come in the morning so that he will be able to meet Reem.

She was under observation, so she was kept in a special room, nobody was allowed to go in there. The three of us had to be in the waiting room.

"You guys want to have food?" Athar asked

"No" Ayesha and I said in unison. He shook his head and let out a small smile.

After a while Ayesha and Athar fell asleep on their chairs, I got up from my chair and went towards Reem's room. I asked the nurse about her health, and she told me that Reem is recovering well. I gave my number and told that if God forbid there's an emergency, she would call me first.

I came out of the hospital and went to the nearest mosque, I offered my Salah then for a long time I prayed to Allah, I had to thank him for saving my family.

I wish Reem would understand my situation and forgive me, I went into prostration and begged Allah for Reem's forgiveness.

Tears pooled in my eyes when I recalled the moment when the doctor said she was critical, I died a thousand deaths at that moment.

I stayed in the mosque for a very long time, then I returned to the hospital. At first I went to check on Reem, and was told that she is doing fine. Then I went to the waiting room. Ayesha and Athar were still in the same posture.

I don't know why but I felt Ayesha's behaviour was rude towards me.

Maybe she is just too worried about Reem.

I closed my eyes and rested the back of my head against a wall, I was just about to fall asleep, when I felt someone shaking my arm, my eyes snapped open. A nurse was there. I got worried instantly

"Is Reem ok?" I sat straight, she smiled

"Yes! She is fine now, she is awake, you can meet her if you want" she gave me the good news and I immediately got up.