Chapter 17: Caroline's 17th Birthday

Start from the beginning

After the speech I gave her, Care's frown faded away and was replaced with a small smile. At least I fixed it a little bit.

"Besides I brought you a present." I shrugged. Caroline's smile grew wider before she took the tiny box out of my hand. Ripping the lid off, Caroline carefully undid the rapping. Her eyes shot wide and a gasp escaped her lips. Inside the box, was a necklace that had half a heart that read 'XY Ches'.

"I have the other half." I smiled at her. "You put them together and they say 'Sexy Bitches'." I said grabbing my half of the heart out from under my clothing, showing it to her.

"OMG! I love it, Ava!" She smiled widely at me.

"I'm glad you do. Want me to put it on?" 

"Yes!" Care put the necklace in my hand and turned around, lifting her hair out of the way. Undoing the clasp, I put the necklace around her neck and clasped it. She turned around smiling before letting her blonde hair down. She is seeming to be more of a sister to me than a friend. 

"Come on, let's go shopping. I am running out of clothes." I said rolling my eyes at her.

"Can I drive the Impala?" Care asked, slightly leaning her body away from me in case I blow. I chuckle a bit before throwing the keys to her.

"Don't scratch him up or I am going to have to kill you." I warned her walking over to the passenger side.

"What?! A-Are you serious?!" She gaped at me.

"It is your birthday is it not?" Care nodded her head. "Then you get special treatment today. Oh! And don't worry about paying for your clothes. I got it all under control." Caroline smiled at me before hopping in the driver side, I in the passenger, and starting the car, Queen blasting through the radio.

"Sorry. My kind of music." I said shrugging. Care giggled at me before speeding off down the road.

***

After several hours of shopping, Caroline and I where back at her home, I having to carry all the bags because Care requested it. As she opened the door, I heard a big "SURPRISE" causing me to drop all the bags, cursing.

"Happy Birthday!" I heard Matt say. I grabbed all the bags and rushed them too Care's room before rushing back to her side.

"What are you guys doing here?" Caroline asked. Her smile from before starting to fade.

"Well, you blew off school and missed ours, uh, work of birthday art, so uh..." Caroline started walking towards the three of them before Elena put the purple tiara she was wearing onto her head.

"Change into warmer clothes, we're going to the falls. S'mores. Campfires." Bonnie said.

"Cake. Like when we were little." Elena said smiling crazily.

"Except with tequila." Matt sung in a sing song voice. Caroline gave a little giggle as I chuckled.

"Well I guess I'll be going then. Happy Birthday, Caroline." I said walking back towards the door. Suddenly, all eyes turned to me.

"What is she doing here?" Elena growled. Care turned to look at her, probably giving her a shut-up-she-is-staying look, before turning to look back at me.

"No, Ava. You don't have to go yet. Stay. Really." She said, looking sympathetically at me.

"Nah. It's okay, Care. I can see I am not wanted. Plus I can see they want to spend some time with you. I am just glad I got you first. Happy Birthday, young Caroline." I smiled before exiting out the door and heading towards my Impala.