Chapter 20. The Last Night of Viserys the First

The maester stitched Vaemond Velaryon's sliced head and body together with help from the Silent Sisters, preparing the bifurcated corpse for the voyage back to Driftmark, with Rhaenys overseeing it as she acted on Corlys's behalf.

"The body will be ready to return to Driftmark on the morrow, my Lady. You may wish to leave the Silent Sisters to their work. It is ill luck to look upon the face of death." The maester suggested.

Rhaenys replied, keeping her eyes on Vaemond's separated body parts. "The Stranger has visited me more than I can count, Grand Maester. I assure you, he cares little whether my eyes are open or closed."

The maester bowed his head and left the ladies. Meanwhile, in the dining hall, servants moved about to place trays, cups and jugs.

Alicent sat at the end of the table, with Daemon beside her. Harwin sat on the other end, with Rhaenyra beside him, an empty chair between Daemon and Rhaenyra.

On the table's end, closer to Daemon and Alicent, Otto sat beside his daughter and Baela, with Aelinor, Aegon, Helaena, Aemond and Alyssa sitting across from the Targaryen Prince and Princess Consort.
Rhaena sat with Luke and Jace beside her, Luke choosing to sit directly in the eyesight of Aemond, and Alyssa grabbed her brother's hand and squeezed it.

"Nyke kesīr, issa nēdenka zaldrīzes." Alyssa whispered into Aemond's ear.

I am here, my brave dragon.

Aemond groaned, feeling his bride's breath tickling his ear, and took the hand she held in his down to his crotch. "Ao issi verdagon issa vēdros, issa jorrāelagon."

You are making me mad, my love.

Alyssa chuckled, pretending to be the innocent little lady as she brushed her index finger against what was growing down there, making Aemond bump the table, garnering the attention of their family, as Alyssa pulled her hand away and brushed a strand of his beautiful hair behind his ear.

"As long as it's for me, then I'll continue to do so gladly," Alyssa whispered.

Alicent eyes her two children and quietly scolds them. "Aemond, Alyssa, skoros mirre ao issi bē naejot, keligon ziry sir!" Aemond, Alyssa, what ever you are up to, stop it now!

Alyssa pouts, a look that Aemond loves to see on her. Daemon gave his one-eyed son a look that shut down whatever Alyssa and Aemond were doing.

Everyone told when several guards entered, carrying Viserys in an oversized chair. The occupants took their seats as the guards lowered Viserys, so he sat at the table with his family beside Rhaenyra and Daemon.

"How good it is to see you all tonight. Together." Viserys said, turning and panting at Rhaenyra, who looked up at her father.

"May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long, and to Vaemond Velaryon, May the Gods give you rest." Alicent prayed.

Viserys panted. "This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandson, Luke, will marry his cousin, Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses-a toast to the young Prince and his betrothed and to the future Lord of the Tides."

"Hear, hear!" Harwin and Rhaenyra cheered, taking their cups and drinking the contents.

"How horrid it must be for you, Jace. Your little brother will get to lie with a woman long before your wick is wet." Aegon snarkily remarked to his cousin.

"You'll be great!" Rhaena said enthusiastically to Luke as everyone drank.

Once he sipped his wine cup, Aegon continued to prod at Jace. "You do know how the act is done, I assume? At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that."