7. I am married

As I close the door of the car, I realise how life is changed with a single yes, not that I had any options, I ran my hand on my neck touching the nuptial chain, god I am married for real, this feels like a burden, like a 10 kg iron rod around my neck, like something is strangling me, I look at the pendant, it was a simple nuptial chain with black beads and a teardrop-shaped diamond in between, haha the irony, teardrop, this diamond reflects my future.

I was too lost in my thoughts as I felt the seat dip, seeing Ahan, he was busy on his phone as he closed the door and signalled the driver to go ahead, he did not bother to spare a single glance at me, I too started looking out of the window, soon we were in the best area of the city, I have come here once or twice, wide roads, huge buildings, it feels like a whole new world and then the car arrived in a big gated community with such a huge building that i had to tilt my neck to look up, god how do people live up so high.

The car halted in front of the same building. MY LUCK.GOD.

Ahan opened his side of the door and just went out, I took it as a sign and opened the door and started following him with what felt like a hundred kg lehenga while the driver was unloading the luggage.

We stepped in the lift and I kept staring at the screen which showed the floors we were passing 5...10...13...17...20...25...26...27...28...30.

It stopped at 30, the highest floor from what I could tell as I could see the floor buttons. God loves me. The doors opened as he stepped out without even acknowledging my existence the entire time and I like a scared puppy followed him in the passage. He then stopped at the end of the passage where there was this marvellous huge wooden door with copperwork all over it, I had never seen such a work of art, the carvings on the wood were just so pretty, I was about to touch the carved tree on the door when it suddenly opened, wrong timings.

A lady in her mid-40s opened the door with a warm smile, Ahan gave her a nod while I just was a puppy following in as I reciprocated with the lady's smile.

"You must be Vandini Madam, Mrs Sehgal did tell about you, so happy to see you in the family, I am Martha, I take care of this house haha" she warmly said greeting me.

"Martha she is not Vandini, she's her sister, Aaina, we did not know we get a return policy and we got this one," Ahan said, Martha got speechless and embarrassed and clueless as to what to say she awkwardly smiled.

"It's Iysa, not Aaina and fyi you created the contract, this is all you" I snapped, I had had enough of everyone today.

"Ahh, I should leave you two alone" Saying this Martha left, closing the front door.

"Listen, miss, I don't care what the heck your name is, you mean nothing to me and for that contract I gave the money and your greedy sister took it off, I thought I got rid of leeches but here I have another one, tell what is your price?" he said snapping at me.

"Excuse me, how could you, first of all, I am in here because of your stupid contract and not by my will and as for your money I don't care" I snapped back.

"What an innocent act, Listen to me carefully, I already know what the deal is, Your mom has clearly conveyed, that I am responsible for taking care of your lifestyle, so shut up with that I am not after money game and as for you having no options, could have run off just like your sister did but no why would you, you got everything on a golden plate" He stated with pure hatred in his eyes and went away slamming the door of his room.

I let my tears fall and my knees give up as I just sit on the floor, Why does everyone make it all about me, I did not do anything, none of this is my fault, and I am left with no one, Maa thinks I Deliberately let Vandi run off, Masiji already hates me, I have no friends, Mrs Sehgal and their family thinks I am a charity case, my supposed husband thinks I am a gold digger and irony is I don't know who I am anymore.

I drown in the past thinking of every single tear I have shed and it hits me it's every day, I have cried my eyes out loud every day and that is also going to be my future, this is going to be my life, there's no hope, there's no future.

I stare at the tears falling on my dress, my hands glide on my cheeks, wiping tears off as I lay my head on the sofa and cover myself with the dupatta of my wedding outfit, my eyes fall on the lining of the blood red dupatta which imbibed "Saubhagyavati Bhavah".

-----------------------------------------------

You all have no idea how better this story gets, I already have 4 drafts ready with really long chapters!!!

MAKE THIS CHAPTER LIKE 20 TO GET AN INSTANT UPDATE OF NEXT CHAPTER!!!!

Also don't forget to comment about what do you feel about the story as of now.