CHAPTER 40: DOUBLE DATES

Start from the beginning

Tom texted me he was going home to change into his bad boy clothes and would be there soon.

Patty introduced all the girls to Judy and I.  I recognized all of the names, from ones that Tom had found records for.  Like every single girl on the committee, except for Liz, and Margie Tom had found something on.

Patty said, "let's see ladies, before we start, let's talk about dates. We know Sydney is bringing the hot bad boy, Judy what about you."

I said, "Judy has her own hot bad boy, don't you Jude."  She said, "I sure do. Man is he sexy" 

Patty said , " Margie we know you could never find a date, so just we will skip you."  I said, "Actually Margie has a date."   She looked at me horrified.  I smiled at her. 

Patty, and all the other girls gasped, and said "no way. Margie you do not have a date."  Ashley said, 'you stop lying to these girls. Shame on you. That is bad Margie. Really bad."

Margie didn't know what to say.  I said, "She's not lying. She has a date. Don't you girls worry about it. And also, it's not nice to bully or shame anyone. Just because people are different from you, doesn't mean anything. People are people. I'm so sick of this bullying going on in school. It makes me so angry."  Judy said, "it really makes me angry too."

I probably shouldn't have done that, but I just feel so bad for her. I see myself in her a little. I mean I was not over weight, if anything too thin, and never bullied, I always had my friends, and the guys wanted to be friends, but I never had a boyfriend, and I was the one who was always at the table of girls, and wished I could become invisible as they all talked about their boyfriends, their dates, their sex, the prom.  I literally hated just sitting there and listening to it all. And it just makes me sad that on top of all that, she is being bullied as well.  She is a really sweet girl, and I know she is making all A's, because she is one of the names that we were told would be available to tutor. 

Now I just have to find her a date.  And I think I know who that will be. I mean Doug, and Harry. Maybe I can have Tom help me ask them.  If not, I guess I can ask Jay to do it.  I mean Jay is hot, even if he is my brother, I have to admit it. And all the girls would be jealous of her. I'll try Doug and Harry, but if not I'll ask my bro.

I texted Judy. Maybe I shouldn't have done that, but it was making them mad. Do you think Harry or Doug?  If not I'll ask Jay. She texted back. yes it was making me mad too. If you didn't say it, I was going to.  

Liz said, "Sydney I didn't say anything, oh no please don't tell him I did." I said, "What." She looked scared and then I saw a few other girls gasp, so I looked at where they were looking.  Fear on all of their faces.

Tom just came in the restaurant.  I had to laugh, because not only did he have his McQuaid outfit on, and his knife, but he had a baseball bat in his hand.  And was hitting it on his hand.  Judy nudged me and then put her head on my shoulder, trying to hide her laugh.

I got up to meet Tom as he got to our table.  I said, "hey babe."  He said, "hello beautiful"  He kissed me.

He said, "did you miss me today?"  He smirked.  I said, "yes, but the question is did you"  He said, "yes my love. I was miserable all day without you. I hate it you not being beside me. I think my heart is breaking a little each day."  Judy laughed.  She said, "good answer."

I said, "Babe I love you and missed you, but I'm kind of busy here."  Twirling my hair. Tom said, "yeah I don't see that. What I see is you and me are here and I missed you. I need to get some hugs and some kisses."  He kissed my cheek.  Making me hot.   He had his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, pulling me into him.