Chapter 23: Lower Moon Two

Zacznij od początku

Intentionally revealing a slayer's whereabout is a risky move since the demon could easily attack and ambush the slayer from behind but for Fuyuko, it is an easier way to effortlessly let a demon come to her than a time consuming hunt.

With every heavy step she took, she made sure that her wooden okobo sandals will loudly tap the rocky surface of the ground beneath her to quickly catch the attention of the creatures of the night.

After a short amount of time strolling the forest, Fuyuko finally felt the demon's presence lurking in the shadow, that's her cue that a battle is about to start.

A rock then flew towards the ice hashira, it was fast but Fuyuko was able to leap in the air, completely avoiding the flying boulder, before flipping backward and land perfectly still in the ground despite the rocky surface.

Another boulder, once again, rocketed its way to Fuyuko's direction, and this time, the ice hashira was able to locate where it came from, and she instantly prepared herself to release a strong counter attack.

"Ice Breathing, Fifth Form: Deep Frost Cut."

Frost then accumulates in air, surrounding the icy blade and with one big horizontal slash, the boulder was cut in half and crumbled before it could reach hear. Meanwhile, the forest area behind the crumbled stone was cleared out of trees due to her strong attack, finally revealing the demon.

The demon had the appearance of an older man with a stocky build and pale skin that was decorated with black, vein-like patterns down his face, arms and legs.

He had long, dark purple hair that he left down, and a short jagged beard around his jawline. He also have a pair of golden, cat-like eyes with the kanji for "Two" etched into his left. Confirming the he is one of the Twelve Kizuki, specifically, the Lower Moon Two.

His lower half was cut and is currently regenerating due to Fuyuko's attack. However, before it could fully heal, the ice hashira was already in front of the demon and was ready to cut his neck.

With quick reflexes, the demon was able to summon a wall of stone between them, forcing Fuyuko to retreat. She took a step back, then quickly moved to the side in order to avoid the stone wall that was launched towards her.

With the moment of Fuyuko's opening, due to dodging his attack, the demon took the opportunity to encase her with layers of stones to crush her.

"Blood Demon Art: Stone Bloody Crush!" Fuyuko heard him yell.

Large stones from nearby then all flew towards her from different directions with incredible speed, her footing was currently unstable but she managed to strike and cut the nearest stones to buy her time.

When she regained her footing, she was fast to execute a high jump, immediately avoiding the upcoming stones that crushed each other instead of her.

She safely landed on a nearby branch, away from the stones and rocks that the demon could easily manipulate.

"No normal slayer could dodge my attacks with ease." The demon stated, glaring at the white haired girl. "You must be a Hashira."

"I am." Fuyuko replied.

"You're fast." The demon commented. "But let's see if you have the strength to withstand my power."

He then stretched both of his bloodied hands to the sides. The black vein-like patterns in his forearms then extended to his bloodied hands and got thicker.

"Blood Demon Art: Stone Brute!" He closed both of his palms into a fist as thick stones started to cover his arms.

Within a second, his arms were completely layered with bulky stones, increasing it's size like a gotlet. He let out a battle cry, then lunged at Fuyuko with great speed that left a crater in the ground that he once stood.

He raised his fist and attacked Fuyuko but she she was able to quickly leave before she gets crushed with the tree.

In one powerful punch, the ground shook with its impact. The earth cracked and the trees fell one by one but Fuyuko remained unfazed.

She successful landed in a another tree which the lower moon two attacked next. However, the tree was only a platform she use to elevate herself for a higher jump.

She glided in the air with grace and control. Then she swiftly flip her body to aim directly at the demon.

"Ice Breathing, Sixth Form: Freezing Winter Surge." Fuyuko exhaled out a smoke of cold breath.

As the gravity begun to pull her down, her descend was illuminated by the crescent moon behind her. Accompanied by trails of snow and frost that swirled like a winter storm in the night sky.

The demon prepared his fist and release a blow but when her cold blade came in contact with the stone, it cut thru like knife and butter. Moreover, her attack instantly froze the demon's wound, enabling him to regenerate his arms quickly.

Before the demon could recover to the first assault, Fuyuko swiftly dragged the sword towards his neck for the finishing strike.

The demon was able to harden his neck with thick layers of stones, but it is of no use when Fuyuko's sword cut thru it with ease.

The lower moon two's head rolled to the rocky ground like a marble, while his body fell with a thud. His golden eyes widened in disbelief as the realization of being defeated and dying in the end struck him like lightning.

"H-how?" He choked out. "How could this be?!"

"You were only a mere human!" He snapped, voice filled with rage and a hint of fear. "N-no! This couldn't be happening!"

While the demon was busy denying the reality of his defeat and death, Fuyuko slid her sword back to its sheath and stepped closer to the demon's head.

"I'm disappointed." She suddenly said, silencing the demon. "I didn't expect that a member of the Twelve Kizuki is this weak."

Its true, she did looked forward for this fight but it seems that the demon she encounter lacked the competence and skill. He is easily killed off.

"H-how dare you!" The demon spat, and shouted curses at the Ice Hashira as he started to fade away.

"If lower ranking Kizuki are this weak," Fuyuko coldly stated with dead eyes. "Then might as well go burn and kill yourselves under the sun, along with your so called king."

Before the demon could talked back, his mouth faded. While Fuyuko had already turned on her heel and walked away.

When a demon is dying, depending on her mood and the circumstances, she would either leave them with a goodbye or mockery. And some demons deserved it.

However, this time, little did she knew that she pissed off a certain demon king that have been watching thru the eyes of the dying Lower Rank Two.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

For those whom are confuse why the Lower Moon Two Kizuki is still alive, I just delayed the events about Michael Jackso — I mean, Muzan, killing them off. So now that Muzan is pissed, he will be summoning them, then killing them after. Except for Enmu, of course.

Now all aboard the chu chu train! Cause we are now heading to cry town, I'm very excited because the ending would be a bomb filled with tears.

Joy or Sadness? Let's find out.
Don't forget to vote and comment.

You are love by,
LovieJ34